[Chapter 16] No Where or Any Time

Start from the beginning

Anthony glanced at me, "Is it okay, Genny? Are you feeling well enough to take care of Ash on your own?"

I scoffed, "I've been doing it for four months on my own, through thick and thin, so I think I'll manage." I answered with a smile.

Everyone dispersed from the table, clearing their dishes, saying our goodbyes, and going our separate ways.

-Anthony's POV-

Ian and I were headed to the Smosh Games building to think of new ideas for Smosh, Game Bang, or Gametime. He was driving and I was in the passenger's seat.

"So, you left the parlor when Kalel walked in..." Ian remarked, "Why is that?"

I sort of unintentionally snapped and yelled back, "Didn't you hear Genny? We shouldn't talk, think, or focus on Kalel."

"Dude, I'm right here. No need to yell. We're in the exact same car." He glared at me and then continued to say, "But I'm curious...were you and are you...jealous?" He sneaked a peek at me before returning his eyes back to the road.

I crossed my arms. "No..." I croaked, having a voice crack at the end of the statement.

"So you are?" Ian questioned teasingly with a smirk.

I sighed, "No. I have all I could ever want. I have Genny, who has been nothing but nice since the day I showed up at her house unexpectedly. And then there's Ash..." I ran my fingers through my hair. "He's my kid. My kid!"

"Dude, calm down..."

I hadn't realized it, but I was crying and shaking. I brought my sweatshirt sleeve up to my face and began to wipe the tears from my cheeks. My face felt hot and I felt like I needed a cold shower.

The car stopped and I saw we were in the parking lot. I opened the car door and got out, catching up with Ian along the way.

-Tiffany's POV-

As I drove back to my place from Genny's to get ready to go to another party with Harry, I couldn't think right. Ian was circling in my head, in my thoughts - his brilliant, crystal blue eyes, his brown hair that sweeps over his forehead, our kiss...

I was in a trance, remembering back to the night Ian and I went all the way...his lips pressing up against mine, our arms pulling ourselves closer to each other...

The next I know, I was speeding along across the intersection, through a red light, and an 18-wheeler began blaring its horn. I turned my head to the left and shrieked.

-Kalel's POV-

Chris and I were sitting down at a table for two. I was constantly looking at him - trying to make a connection between him and Genny. I mean, they looked nothing alike! He had blonde, straight hair and blue eyes. And then Genny had curly, red hair and brown eyes! It didn't add up!

His mouth started to move, but his words made no sense to me.

"What?" I asked playfully as I twirled a strand of my hair around my finger.

"I said, what do you think you're going to get?"

I literally hadn't even looked at the menu; I just held it up in case he caught me staring at him and I needed a quick escape. I quickly scanned the menu, nothing popped out to me. "I'll have what you're having." I replied vaguely.

"Alright." He replied with a brilliant smile.

I still was perplexed by the fact that he's Genny's brother. Just...how?

*****

Chris brought me back to my house and walked me to the door.

"I had an amazing night with you, Kalel." Chris told me as he held my hands in his.

"Me too." I grinned.

He leaned in for a kiss...I didn't know what to do. Kiss him? Turn my head in avoidance? It happened all too quickly, and we kissed. Shit. I'm kissing my enemy's brother...

-Ian's POV-

The entire time we were brainstorming, Anthony was completely out of it. I'd say an idea, he'd always shake his head yes. I even made a joke of saying we should make a video where we marry Genny and Tiffany and he nodded yes to it. Of course I was kidding, so I was surprised he didn't pick up, he's always yelling at me when I make stupid jokes.

Even when Mari, Jovenshire, Sohinki, and Lasercorn arrived for the Game Bang recording, he didn't notice them. Today we were going to play Just Dance 4, again, for another rematch. Eventually, Anthony snapped out of it and put a grin on his face. Within minutes though, he found his old, well, less stressed, self, and was having the time of his life.

I felt bad for him though - so many things have happened in the last month. I didn't know how he was handling it all so calmly.