Chapter 14

I sighed in content as I rocked my son back and forth, smiling at him as he watched me. I turned to check on my mate to see him still sleeping. Achilles snored softly into the pillow, his arms wrapped around it. I chuckled at him, he always hugs a pillow whenever I leave. Once our son was sleeping again I put him in the crib and walked back over to Achilles. I knelt beside the bed and poked his cheek, chuckling when he wiggled his nose. 

"Achilles."

He furrowed his eyebrows in his sleep and growled a little. I bit back my laugh as I poked him again, this time earning a soft growl and him swatting his hand over his face. I poked him multiple times, each time getting a growl and some mumbled words. The twentieth time I poked him he finally snapped his eyes open and looked at me. 

"Why...are you...waking me up?" he sighed, turning over.

I chuckled, "I was bored and I find it amusing to poke your cheek." 

"...why?" 

I shrugged, "Don't know." 

He raised an eyebrow and sighed, "I'm going back to bed." 

"No! I want to talk to you..." I pouted, jumping on top of him.

He tensed up for a second before relaxing, he looked at me. "Why?" 

"Because you're finally yourself...mostly." I whispered.

He stared at me before smiling and wrapping his arms around me. I let out a small shriek as he flipped me over so I was laying on the bed and he was over me. He rested his elbows on the bed and leaned on top of me. I grinned, noticing the look of lust passing through his eyes. However, there was also that fear as it started to show again. I kissed his cheek.

"Why don't we get something to eat?" I whispered, wanting him to relax.

He frowned, "I want you so bad..." he whispered, his voice husky.

I sighed, "You're afraid though."

"I don't know why." he whispered, sitting up.

I sat up as well, he looked at the mattress with a confused expression on his face. I felt bad, I could see the lust still there, but I know what he went through was holding him back. I gently cupped his face, I frowned when he stiffened up a bit, but then relaxed when he saw it was me. I rested my forehead against his and looked him straight in his eyes. I didn't say anything, I just gently stroked his cheeks with my thumbs. 

A few tears rolled out of his eyes as he collapsed against me, "I'm sorry..." he cried.

I rubbed soothing circles on his back, "Shhhh, it's okay. You're okay."

"I-I j-just feel guilty for...still having intercourse with her. I-I had sex with another woman besides you! But sh-she forced me into it...I had no control." he whimpered.

I made him look at me again, "I don't care that you had intercourse with another woman, because I don't blame you for it. You were tied up and she took advantage, it's her fault. Not your's. She's not pregnant either. You're fine." I said firmly. 

"Y-you don't hate me?" he whispered, looking at me.

I frowned, "Is that what you were afraid of this whole time?"

He nodded silently. 

"Achilles...what...what happened?" I was a little afraid to ask, but I know this will help him. 

He stared at me for a moment before fully breaking down, he collapsed against me and cried even louder. "They beat me, they whipped me, sh-she raped me. I-I thought I would never see you again and n-never be able to raise a family with you." he cried.  "I-I was afraid I would never be able to tell you that I l-loved you." 

My hold on him tightened as I cried softly with him, I pulled him closer. He clutched onto me, his tears were soaking my shirt, but I didn't care. I kept kissing his head and running my fingers through it, it took us both an hour to calm down. I wiped my tears away and smiled at him as he looked at me. His eyes were bloodshot, but I could see relief in them. 

"Feel better now?" I whispered.

He smiled and nodded, "I think that wall finally broke." he chuckled.

I laughed and crushed my lips against his, our lips danced before we parted for air. He smiled softly and rested his head on me, I could tell he was tired once again. I kissed him on the temple and sighed, tears of joy left my eyes. He finally told me and he finally got through that wall.

"I love you, Achilles. Don't you ever ever forget that." I whispered.

Author's note: Boom.