Chapter 48 - No Recollection

Start from the beginning

"No." I shook my head as I sat up and grabbed his face in between my hands. "I'll never find someone else. No one can ever live up to you Dimitri. I'll only love you Dimitri. That's a promise. No matter what happens. Even if you take my memories away, I'll only ever love you. Send me back to Earth Dimitri, but don't ever expect me to get over you. Because that's impossible." My tears were soaking my robe as they kept flowing one after another. Dimitri leaned over and embraced me in a tight hug as I cried out all my tears.

* * * * * * *

A couple days had passed until we reached the day Dimitri was going to send me back to Earth. He'd already sent all the other girls, erasing their memories of everything that happened here. Kenneth was especially pissed to find out Dimitri had sent Shauna off as well. You could clearly see how much Kenneth did care for Shauna. And as for Thomas, Dimitri said he sent him off to his grandparents.

Dimitri was supposed to send me off earlier with the other girls but he couldn't. He delayed it and I wished he'd keep doing it until I could figure something out.

I had just took a shower and put on fresh new clothes when Devon came running towards me. "Isabella! We have to stop Dimitri!" He exclaimed, breathing heavy. "He thinks he's saving us all but he's not! He'll make everything worse! I found out from Esther!" He said as he shook me roughly.

"Devon, calm down for a second!" I exclaimed holding on to him, and stopping him.

"Listen to me Isabella! You know how Dimitri felt that he'd hurt you? You know how he thinks he's just going to end up dying? And you know how he's ready to give up?" Devon exclaimed causing me to nod my head.

"Yes I know Devon." I said waiting anxiously for him to tell me whatever it was that was bothering him.

"Well I found out that Dimitri made a deal with the Shadow inside of him, since Shadows are known to keep their promises. He said he'd sacrifice himself to the Shadow if the Shadow doesn't hurt you, or me, or anyone in Rovana and Earth. But what he doesn't know is that he won't die like he thinks. He'll be stuck inside his own body as the Shadow takes over him. The Shadow and Dimitri will become one. And the Shadow will ruin Rovana and Earth. Because technically it won't be the Shadow hurting anyone, it'll be Dimitri himself. So in that case, the Shadow is still keeping it's promise! Isabella we have to stop him!" Devon exclaimed in frustration. I was shocked to hear what Devon just told me as well.

"How do you know all this?" I asked him, notes of panic hitting my voice.

"Esther! She usually gives such cryptic answers. But this time she sought me out and told me all this clearly. She looked so scared and if Esther's scared, we should all be scared!" Devon exclaimed as he paced around the room.

"We have to stop him! But he won't listen to me Devon! He won't listen to anyone. He thinks he's right and that everyone else is wrong." I explained just as Dimitri walks in.

"I am right. And nobody is stopping me." Dimitri said causing Devon and I to both start explaining to him that his decisions will ruin everything.

"Dimitri please! Listen to us just this once." I exclaimed grabbing his face in between my hands. He grabbed my hands and pulled them away from my face.

"Izzie, this has to be done. Please try to understand. And stop listening to the dumb stuff Devon keeps putting in your head." Dimitri said causing Devon to protest in anger.

"Dimitri you'll ruin everything. You'll regret everything. It'll kill you on the inside. And no one will be able to forgive you for it. Not even Isabella, no matter how much she loves you. I know I won't." Devon said causing Dimitri to look down at the ground in silence before he looked up at me.

"Come on, Isabella. I'm sending you back, right now." Dimitri said as he grabbed onto my arm causing me to gasp in shock.

"What!" I exclaimed in shock. "No, no, no Dimitri, you can't do this! You don't understand the mistake you're  making!" I protested as Dimitri pulled me along. Once I realized my words were having no effect on him, I turned back to look at Devon but we both knew we couldn't do anything anymore. Once Dimitri had his mind made, he had his mind made. Nothing could change that.

"Please don't do this Dimitri!" I was crying now as I tried to struggle out of his hold. "We can fix this, I know we can! Please give it one chance Dimitri!" I exclaimed as Dimitri pulled me into a room where the direct link to the portal was.

I really started struggling now. I tried running away from him and at one point I managed to get away. But Dimitri was too fast and grabbed me before I could get away. He then pushed me down into a chair and tied me down to it with the rope that was laying on the ground beside it. And that's when I realized something. This was exactly like the dream I had earlier on. When I had slept in Dimitri's bed at the time I was dating Kenneth.

I was tied to a chair, sobbing while Dimitri sat, knelt down in front of me. "I'm sorry Isabella." He whispered as he gently wiped my tears away.

"You can't Dimitri! You can't!" I exclaimed as I sobbed even more, savouring the feel of his fingers on my skin. He gently stroked my bottom lip with his fingers as he looked up at me with a broken look on his face. "I'm so sorry Izzie, but I have to."

"No you don't!" I cried. "Please Dimitri, we can figure something else out, just don't do this!" His eyes held so much sorrow, pain and defeat that it was hurting me even more.

He grabbed the back of my neck and pressed his lips hard against mine. We desperately kissed each other, savouring each and every second of our last kiss together.

He soon pulled away, causing me to whimper. "Isabella, please stop crying. You're making this hard on me." He said, as he stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"I'm making this hard on you? Me? You're the one making this hard on me! It'll be easy for you once you're gone! I'm going to be the one who has to live with this for the rest of my life! Not you!" I yelled angrily.

"I'm so sorry Isabella." He said as he placed a kiss on my forehead, my eyes, my cheeks, my nose and finally one last one on my lips. "I love you." He said before he placed his hand over my eyes. I didn't understand what he was doing, until I started feeling weird, a strange fogginess taking over my senses. And that's when I realized he was taking my memories away.

"No! Please! You can't do this! Dimitri! I love you! Please don't do this!" I yelled sobbing as I felt the strange fogginess getting stronger and stronger. Soon I had no idea what was happening to me, no recollection of where I was or anything. That's when I passed out into complete darkness, the last thing I recalled hearing was an unfamiliar deep male voice telling me he loves me and that he'll always love me.