Chapter 28 - The Fight of His Life

Start from the beginning

"Finish him" Once more, Darkrai prepared to repeat itself.

"Wait..." Ash whispered, causing hesitation in the Darkrai before him. 

"What's this, do you wish to make a final choice, or do you leave me with none?" The man asked, his face flashing a concerning look, a concerned look for himself. He didn't want to have to dirty his hands. 

"Why...do you do this?" Ash spat onto the floor, the saliva in his mouth being too much. Blood came out too and Ash thought he had lost a tooth also. 

"Simp-"

"Don't give me the power lecture" Ash laughed, shaking his head. "You all just sick. Thinking this can get you power. It makes me SICK!" Ash stood up, lifting his cap up. "I think I have made my choice..."

"Hmm?" The man quizzed Ash.

Ash put his cap on and then span it around so the front was at the back and vice-versa. 

"I choose them both, of course" Ash grinned and he was met by a ghost of a smile.

Ash didn't say anything to Ash-Greninja, their bond was that strong that Greninja understood. In a flash, his sword-like cut slashed through the ropes on the girls, who ripped off their tape and ran forward. Pikachu leapt around them in turn, looking into the cave.

"Such trouble, I guess Darkrai has a new mission" The man spoke for the final time. 

Darkrai prepared the dark pulse once more, but Ash was ready. He wasn't feeling weak. The strength within him compelled him to do so much more. Ash remembered the words he had said to Serena, which had always kept her motivated throughout their journey. 

Never give up Was all Ash needed to remember from that day.

"Greninja, water pulse!" Ash threw his hand out, emphasising the force he wanted to use. 

Greninja jumped up, level with Darkrai and formed a similar orb of energy in his hands, except Greninja had a large water orb, which smashed into the dark pulse. Both moves contested each other, but the result was an explosion in mid air, which Ash immediately used to his advantage.

"Greninja, cut down Darkrai!" He shouted through the explosion, the wind rushing around Ash and co, who had to force their forearms over their eyes to keep them covered. 

Greninja leapt forward through the smoke, using his speed to his advantage. The swipe of the cut went straight through Darkrai and an immediate explosion from the move followed up. But, Darkrai wasn't just any Pokemon and he was still standing. 

"Pikachu, thunderbolt!" Ash urged his Pokemon on, as Pikachu leapt into the air.

"PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Pikachu put everything into his move, shocking the Darkrai with everything he had. But, Darkrai continued to move, preparing his next dark pulse. 

"Pikachu, electro ball! Greninja, water pulse!" Ash shouted, feeling out of breath. His clothes were still ripped up and the pain on his body came back, causing him to stumble to one knee.

"Ash, are you okay?" Serena, who had decided to stay quiet, crouched down next to him. 

"Yeah, I am fine" Ash said, forcing a smile, which caused pain in his face and he winced.

"You are not okay" Miette stated the obvious, helping Ash up with Serena. They supported him into a sitting position against the tree. 

Just infront of them, Pikachu was charging up the electro ball and Greninja was forming the orb of water, ready to attack. Darkrai was doing the same, readying its dark pulse for an attack. Then, all three shot off simultaneously. The electro ball and water pulse moulded together. Despite being complete opposites, the moves combined together perfectly and they hit the dark pulse, completely overwhelming Darkrai and forcing its way through the dark pulse, exploding into the Darkrai and causing a faint amount of silence. 

"Ash, our Pokemon" Serena breathed out, realizing they still had their Pokemon. 

As the smoke cleared around the dark entrance to the cave, Darkrai was knocked out completely, having been struck by two very powerful Pokemon. 

"I must say, you can take quite the beating" Parker laughed and grinned across at Ash, who didn't even look back.

"We still have something you don't" Elizabeth's voice rang out through the darkness of the cave. 

"Sorry, what do you have that we don't?" Ash hadn't spoken for a moment, but he looked up and grinned.

"Wait, where are the pokeballs?" Elizabeth sounded panicked, but everyone knew where they where. 

"How?" The man in the cave asked with one simple word.

"Greninja in this form has his extra uses" Ash shrugged, then continued to grin like an idiot. 

"You're missing a tooth you know" Serena laughed at Ash, who just shrugged back. Miette giggled in the background.

And then, everything started to fade in Ash's vision, he looked around for a moment, panicking that he was passing out and that everything had been for nothing. Ash succumbed to the darkness that enveloped him and he faded into a deep sleep.