Part Two: Chapter Eleven

"What the hell?!" He almost yelled and I immediately shrunk back. I debated on slamming the door in his face for my own safety but before I could do that he stormed into the place and slammed the door behind him.

"Where is he?" He growled and I shook my head.

"He's not here"

"Milania, where the hell is he?"

"I promise he's not here. He just left, he'll be back in one or two days" I said it as quick as I could and he looked doubtful. His jaw tightened before his eyes dropped to my face.

"What is your problem?" He barked and I jumped.

"What...?"

"Josueé!! That's what! The guy who basically sexually assaulted you the first time you met, the perv who gave you a god damn hickey! You're working for him now? You'd rather work for him, than me?" He was getting so worked up.

"Xander, I was lucky to even get hired... and I wouldn't exactly call it sexual assault" I said quietly.

"Lucky? No, you're dumb Milania! The dumbest girl I've ever known. I wanted to treat you like a god damn princess but you decide to leave and work for some pervert that'll probably treat you like nothing!" He was shouting now and I was scared.

This was not the usual Xander. I stayed silent. What was I supposed to say?

He never got mad at me before. Annoyed, yes, but angry like this.. it was new.

"But-"

"Don't you dare but me!" He interrupted me, shaking his head, "I know you were scared when you got feelings but you thought running away and working for some creep was a better idea than facing them?! What is wrong with you? Dammit Millie" He brushed his hand through his hair stress fully. 

"I enjoy working for him..." I lied. It might just might calm him down.

He turned to me, his eyes almost on fire.

Nope.

Wrong move.

You played the wrong move.

"You enjoy... working for him?" He shook his head in disbelief, "Fine, work for him, see if I care!" He stormed out the door, slamming it behind him so hard that I jumped.

I had never seen Xander like that. Never.

I felt like a baby right now. My lower lip quivered and a tear slid down my cheek as I backed to the wall and lay against it. He never gave out to me, well not seriously... it didn't feel good.

The one guy who had always been there for me, who always dealt with everything I did, was angry at me. He was hurt and it was solely my fault, I couldn't even feel bad for myself.

The door re-opened and I looked up to see Xander again.

His eyes landed on me and widened, guilt washed over his face. He closed the door behind him before walking over and pulling me into him. I could hear him cuss under his breath.

"I'm sorry" He sighed, "I- That's not me. I got jealous... and I'm sick of worrying about you, especially now that I know who you work for. I crossed the line, I'm sorry" He tilted my head up and wiped the tear.

I couldn't be mad at him because everything he had said was right. He was bottling all that up and he couldn't hold it in anymore. Him holding it in that long, was already amazing enough.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry" He had a pained expression on his face, "I know you're scared... I know your past, but I just wish you'd face your feelings instead of running away and making me worry about you all the time"