Chapter Forty-Seven

I immediately pushed him away as Evangeline came into mind. I shouldn't be mad at her, she thought I didn't like him. This would hurt her...

Xander seemed to know what I was thinking about because he cleared his throat causing me to look at him. "It's going to be no different whether you kiss me or not, I'm never going to go for her. I can't fall out love with you" He reassured me but I sat in silence.

I sat still before letting out a sigh. I was done with this. I had... I don't know what word to use, craved maybe? I had wanted to kiss and do.. stuff with Xander for so long and I was sick of being a good girl.

"Do you just want me to take us home?" 

"I want you to do it with me"

Silence

Silence

Silence

Silence

To much silence

Help

I slowly turned my head to see his reaction. He stared at me, a blank expression on his face before replying with, "Excuse me?"

That's all I got? Thanks. Thank you. Thanks a mill.

"Back at the house before she interrupted us. You said-"

"I asked were you serious, I didn't say anything about doing it" 

He really got on my nerves.

"Fine!" I snapped, "I'm sick of you teasing me about this. I'm dead serious and so help me god if you don't take it,  Nick-"

"Calm down"

I gritted my teeth. This bítch.

He noticed that my mouth was open, about to go off into another rant and he reacted so quickly that I didn't realize he had dragged me onto his lap, my back against the steering wheel, straddling him.

He let back the seat so I had more room. I just stared down at him in surprise.. Was this it? Oh god, now I was getting nervous. I leaned in and before even reaching half way he had moved up to meet my lips.

"Wait" He broke in and my heart dropped. I was about to get out of this car right now and just walk home. He saw the fury in my eyes and couldn't help but chuckle, "I don't want to do it here... in a car" He pointed out.

Okay, I guess  I understood that kind of. It would be pretty awkward if someone happened to drive by and jut glance in. Knowing my luck, it would be someone I knew.

"Okay" I said quietly, climbing off his lap and returning to the passenger seat with a frown.  I happened to be a very impatient person and he had already made me wait this long. I had worked for him for ages and his answer was 'no' or someone would interrupt.

I sat back in the seat as he began driving home. "You got pretty jealous back there" He pointed out. Did he really want to turn me into the she-hulk right now?

"I wasn't jealous" I scrunched up my nose.

"Why did you run out?"

"I didn't want to be a cockblock" I swallowed a lump in my throat, thinking of the kiss, "how was it?" I was really worried about his answer. It would probably punch me in the gut if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

"Eh, it was an alright kiss. I wasn't happy it was coming from her. But if I were comparing it to our kisses" He eyed me,  "Kissing her was nothing. I'd rather your lips any day"

I tried to hide the smile that was beginning to spread on my face which only made it look like I was grimacing. Luckily he wasn't watching me, his eyes were on the road. We drove in silence for a minute before he finally cleared his throat, "Millie"