Chapter 5- Snow Fight

"W-what are you doing here?"

The witch was wearing a brown thick cloak. Not showing her face, she says," Don't worry about me,  just came by to remind you of how much time you still have left to live."

"How could I, when it's all I think about" I went back to Mabel's aid. Checking her temperature.

"That's a nice...one you got there. What's so special about it?"

"She's not an it."

"Oh so you don't know."

"Don't know what?"

"Nothing. Now I must be on my way."

Mabel woke up as the witch faded away. What was she talking about. There's nothing wrong with Mabel... I turn my attention to Mabel, who has just woken up. She seem startled a bit. "What happened?"

"Uh, nothing. You just trip and hit your head. Well, uh, good night." I fasten my pace out of the door, closing it behind me. I suddenly felt parched. I quickly ran to the west wing to find the yellow rose dehydrated. With the strength I had left, I made a glass of water appeared and pour it on the rose. Who knew your life would be depended on a simple flower. I chuckle on the thought.

---

As I wake up, the next morning, I felt a chill down my spine. I looked out the window to see snow. I yawned, it must of snowed last night. I cross my arms over each to keep warmth. I need coffee. With a quick change of clothes, I ranged the kitchen telling them to prepare my coffee. I exited the west wing.

On the way to the dinning room where my warm coffee will be waiting for me, I spotted Mabel in the lounge room. The door was completely opened and the fire was burning. I quietly walked over to her. She hasn't noticed me yet. I put my head on the arm chair waiting for the perfect time to scare her. Mabel seemed very interested in the book she was reading. When she turn to the next page, that's when I'll strike. "Boo."

Mabel yelp and fell to the floor. "Morning, Shooting Star." I said with a grin.

"M-Morning." I love it when she stutters. It's adorable.

"So what are you reading there?" I removed my head of the arm chair and sat next to her on the floor.

"O-oh. Uh, Nothing, that you'll like. It's just, uh my dairy. Yes! It's my dairy and very private." I could tell she was lying. I ripped the book out of Mabel's hands and before I read the title Mabel snatch it out of hands.

"That's some interesting diary you got there, Shooting Star. I didn't know you would be into Phenomenal." I teased her. I love her reactions to me teases. She doesn't seem to be too bothered by them. I like it.

"Oh shut up." Mabel  pouted he face. I chuckled and sooner or later Mabel would join in. It's been a while since I had a good laugh with anyone. I usually just laugh at people not with them. It's nice though. The hilarious moment only lasted a few good secs when Sam entered with my coffee.

Ever since I confronted him about his true identity its been easier for him to dress much more comfortably. Now his just wearing a butler uniform instead of a maid. Sam set my coffee, that I ordered not so long ago, on the coffee table.

Sam didn't say a word. He place the coffee and quickly walked out of the rood. I wonder what's up with him. I shrugged it off and got up. Undoing the wrinkles on my pants and picked up my coffee to take a sip. Needs a bit more of milk.

"It's kinda chilly this morning." I said to Mabel, after one sip of my coffee, setting my coffee back on the coffee table.

"Ya, I wonder why?"

"Have you checked outside? It snowed last night." Mabel's eyes widen as she runs to the nearest window. Her breath was fogging up the glass and she left fingerprints on the window.

"I haven't seen snow since I was a little kid." Mabel turn away from the glass and faced me.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Mhm" Mabel nodded. I look behind her to see that snow was starting to fall. An idea came to mind.

"Let's go outside." I look back at Mabel.

"What?"

"Lets go outside," I pointed towards the window, "and play in the snow."

Mabel took a quick glance at the window and nodded, "Sounds like fun."

I got up and offer my hand to help her to get off the ground. Mabel hesitated, but she took my hand anyway. I got a grip of Mabel's hand and darted out the door. We reached the front doors p and before I could open the doors, letting the cool air in, Mabel stopped, "Whoa there," Mabel slid her hand out of my hand hand, "Are you crazy? I need to get a coat on before going out and freezing my toes off. It will be one sec."

I snapped my fingers and a red and white coat appeared on Mabel. Not only that, but I added some ear warmers and mittens to go along with it. It looks cute on her.

"Now, that's been settled-"

"What about you?" Mabel pointed out that I wasn't wearing a jacket. All I was wearing was a yellow t-shirt with white jeans. Nothing to fancy, really.

"Don't worry about me. I'm resistant to the cold."

Mabel nodded as if she understood.I opened the door to feel a sudden chill. It was still snowing, but not as much as before. I step aside to let Mabel to go first. She ran past me. I had a glimpse of her chocolate eyes. They were filled up with excitement and they were beautiful. But they only lasted for a sec. I must have another look. I closed the door behind me. Mabel was laying on the snow. I walked over to her.

"What are you doing?"

Mabel giggled. "Playing in the snow." I examined Mabel.

"Are you trying to make a snow angel?"

"Ya, what does it look like?"

"A circle."

"Huh," Mabel sat up and look at the shape that was carved in the snow, "Oh."

"Idiot." I turn around and started to walk away from her. I heard a giggle. I was half-way to turn around. When a white and soft sphere of snow hit me. Right in the face. It blinded me for a sec as soon the snow fell off. I see Mabel sticking her tongue at me.

"So that's how you wanna do it."

While Mabel was looking the other way and laughing, I picked up some snow and made it into a ball. It didn't look much but it was something. I threw the snowball and watch it as it hits Mabel's face. I started to laugh and ended up laughing on the ground. I was interrupted when Mabel threw three more snowballs towards me. All three hitting me. I quickly made a fortress and started making more snowballs. Oh it's on. I threw four snowballs towards Mabel. Her fortress wasn't that big so all four of them hit her. I continue to laugh. Mabel threw 4 snowballs as well. I dodge all of them.

"Is that the best you got?" I teased. My eyes widen as I see a whole army of snowballs come towards me. I couldn't dodge all of them. Resulting in defeat. I shake the snow off as Mabel walked over to me. "Had enough?"

"Ha, funny."

I got up and shaked more snow off me. "We should get inside."

Mabel nodded and followed me inside. I order two cups of hot chocolate. We drink our hot chocolate in the lounge room by the fireplace.

"That was fun."

"Ya, I wish it would of lasted a bit more." Mabel took a sip of her hot chocolate.

I put my hot chocolate on the coffee table. "I got one more surprise for you."

Once again, I put my hand out for Mabel. She got a grip of my hand and followed me out of the room.