Chapter 3 - An Unexpected Birthday Present...

Yeah. I've not really got anything to say, except:

Enjoy Chapter 3 :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about a minute to take this new information in, Emily blinked.

“So you’re a werewolf shape shifter” - Dannii nodded enthusiastically – “and there are vampires coming to kill us?!”

Dannii stopped nodding her enthusiastic nod, and simply said, “Yeah. I’m afraid so.” Dannii shrugged as if to say ‘Sorry. Nothing I can do about it.’

“Okay, so what am I; something in-between?!” Emily was slightly intimidated by this, her mind in her own world; wondering what it would be like to be half werewolf and half vampire.

“Yeah. You’re the only one of your kind. Your mother, Alice is a werewolf. You father is a vampire. It was a strange connection when they both met, for the first time. They’re soulmates.” - Emily’s face was expectant and Dannii sighed dramatically. - “You’re half vampire and half of a creature no one knows of yet; like an alien...” Dannii’s voice trailed off into the distance, and Emily’s face went from expectant to frightened within seconds, “It’s okay. It’s actually pretty cool! It means you have magic in your blood, and you have amazing reflexes...that's about all I know...”

“So....What you’re saying is...I could shoot lasers out of my eyes or something?!” Emily was now pale white from the fright of what powers she could obtain.

“Not exactly ‘lasers from your eyes’ as such, but no-one really know the names for your powers.” Dannii’s voice sounded curious.

“There’s more than one of them?!” Emily’s mind was racing, her adrenaline pumping fast.

“Emily, calm down! I can hear your heart beating like a train!” Emily was about to ask how Dannii could hear her heart beat, when Dannii interrupted her

"Good werewolf hearing.” Dannii pointed to her ears and winked at Emily.

Emily nodded in understanding.

She then did what Dannii had told her to do and touched her shoulder thinking of ‘vampire slaying’.

After 10 seconds Emily opened her eyes again, feeling a slight bit dizzy. It cleared up within a second.

"Wow. That was a quick headache. They usually take longer than this to clear up..." Emily thought.

Everyone else ran away from the crashed party and back to their own houses.

This made Emily and Dannii feel a lot more powerful than before, when they were both human.

Now Dannii had changed from a shy and quiet 16 year old girl, into a giant and intimidating werewolf.

If you were brave enough to look into her eyes, you could see the sadness that only Dannii knew the reason to.

Emily on the other hand was now half vampire, and half ‘alien’.

She had intense red eyes; paler skin than before; she could feel so much power and lightning going through her body, it was like electricity; and she had giant, black wings tipped with dark red on the tips of all four wings.

"I have wings. That could mean I can fly!" Emily thought, and flapped her huge wings in happiness.

“Now this is an awesome birthday present!” Emily said, out loud admiring her new wings.