[24] My father.

Hello everyone!

Yeah, it's been awhile. We're sorry but school just completely got in the way, now that we're on a break, updates WILL be coming to you! We're expecting at least three updates to be done by the end of our break and we're making them as eventful as possible.

So, we don't want to distract you from reading! Just wanted to let you know how things are going to go.

Happy reading!

--

I did not think that he would take my little statement seriously —the one where I said that I was genuinely curious to watch Isiah play a game of basketball — yet here I was, sat watching him from straight up close. 

The guy had me here, front row, watching him as he sped up and down the court, faster than my eyes could tolerate. But that didn't stop me from assessing him every so often. The game had already the third quarter and luckily enough, his team was winning.

Every so often, whenever he'd score a three pointer or whatever they called them, his eyes would always roam to where I was and he'd offer me a wink. There was no denying that the court was where Isiah belonged, it seemed as though the entire team relied on and benefited from his skill. 

Over the past week, we'd been hanging out a lot and it was really, really great spending so much time with him — we'd discovered a mutual love for things I'd have never expected. For example, Isiah had a soft spot for children, which I saw in action when we—somehow—ended up in a kid's park, and he was obsessed with this band called Timeless. Let me just say, Timeless songs were probably worth 70% of my Spotify music — how was it possible to be so alike?

"C'mon, boys! I'm not paying you to lose!" The coach yelled beside me. He was an old man who, bizarrely, wore a pair of sunglasses inside, complimented by the bushiest moustache I'd ever seen before. Instead of the team's black and red coloured clothing, he wore all black and, quite frankly, looked terrifying.

Then, almost instantly, Isiah grabbed hold of the ball, but lost it moments later to an opponent, resulting in the coach flipping and kicking the bench beside him. The expression of pain on his face was too real to ignore. I couldn't understand how he was so upset, it was just a game after all.

However, since then, Isiah's team had scored countless times and, eventually won with over double the points of the opposing team.

---

"Thanks a lot for coming today, sorry if it was all was a little boring." Isiah smiled as we walked, his arm slung comfortably over my shoulder.

I raised an eyebrow, "Are you kidding? You won! It was brilliant, I don't think I've ever seen you so happy before."

"Really?"

I grinned, "Yeah, I'd love to come again."

I hadn't lied either — he truly looked as though the court was his home, it seemed as though dribbling and shooting were second nature to him. After my reply, Isiah looked pleasantly content, and we both ended up in a peaceful silence. He dug through his pockets for his car keys and soon enough, we were sat side by side.

He had gotten changed already, but his hair was still messy, falling down onto his forehead, which was a look I quite liked on him. It was obvious that Isiah was worn out, because every few minutes he'd try his hardest to conceal a yawn. However, he did try his best to keep awake.

You see, we still had a few more things to do.

And, soon enough, I'd gotten the call from Nadine I was expecting.