[14] An apology

BEFORE YOU READ: We've posted a picture with the ideal cast at the top as we wanted you guys to be able to visualize the characters. If you personally see them in a different way, feel free to completely ignore it but for those of you who were wondering, here's what we personally think each member of the cast looks like!

Happy reading!

---

For some reason, sitting in my office E-Mailing clients about their upcoming weddings excited me a little. Spencer and I had been sending messages back and forth almost all day in preparation for his fast approaching wedding, seeing as he was pretty tight on time to meet at my office multiple times.

Every so often, my mind would drift to other places. Spencer was so unlike his brother, it was hard not to think of Isiah. Spencer hadn't mentioned his brother once which was obviously expected seeing as it was his wedding. It wasn't common to talk about the groom's siblings, but a big part of me wanted to hear his name.

But it wasn't until I heard a loud knock on my door that I regretted what I'd been wishing. I hesitantly opened up the door, a part of me dreading who I'd find on the other side.

I was right to sense some kind of trouble because the moment I opened the door, Isiah was stood on the other side with a bunch of red roses and a hesitant grin plastered across his face. His hair was swept upwards messily as per usual. He stuck to a black tee and matching jeans with a red and black plaid shirt slung over his spare arm. Out of instinct, I was about to smile at him until I remembered what'd happened the day before.

I wanted to see his face but I also wanted to punch his face.

There was obviously that one angry and stubborn part of me that was willing to slam the door right on his face but then, when I looked at him, I couldn't help but remember that other part who, moments ago, was about to beg Spencer to mention his brother's name.

"What d'you want?" I mumbled, walking over to my desk whilst secretly hoping he'd be following after me.

"I wanted to talk to you." He said, approaching me quicker than I had noticed. He spoke slowly as though he had no forgotten how to talk to me.

"I don't want to talk to you."

"We need to talk."

I rolled my eyes, "You didn't seem to think so before, did you?"

"Sahara, you know I do like you. I was just being an idiot, something I heard yesterday made me mad and I don't really know why." He sighed, "A lot of things are going on lately and I-"

I looked at the flowers in his hand, "Are those for that mysterious N?" I raised an eyebrow, "She seems to be pretty special to you."

"Hold up. Are you jealous?" He held back a smile as though this was almost funny to him. "Penelope is just a friend, she thought I was avoiding whoever was on the phone because I was in a bad mood and covered for me, don't worry."

"No, I'm not jealous!" I defended myself, "Possibly a little curious."

"Alright, whatever you say."

"I'm working right now, do you realise that? If you're going to be an arrogant jerk again, here's your warning to get out of my office. I'm not your number one fan right now, so your face alone is pissing me off."

I watched as his arrogant smirk faded into a look of worry. It made me feel just a little bit better to know my words actually had an effect on him, usually he'd laugh it off or ignore me. After a moment, I felt bad until I remembered how he had treated me the other day over nothing.