[5] Jumping to conclusions, how great!

Heya.

Sort of a short chapter today but still quite a bit of drama!

Enjoy.

-------

The argument I'd just had with Giselle had me reeling. It was incredibly out of character for us to argue like that. In fact, I couldn't remember the last time we'd had a disagreement of any kind.

My mother being stood on the other side of the door was another infuriating factor. Her black hair hung loosely over her shoulders, looking like she hadn't even attempted to brush it. She tried to cover her embarrassingly revealing top with a thick winter coat but she wasn't doing much of a great job. I took a moment to calm myself down before stomping off into the living room.

"Where d'you think you're going?" She trailed off after me, "It's lucky enough I showed up here, seems to me like you're not handling yourself at all."

"What are you doing here, mom?" I asked, "And before you say a word just know that today isn't exactly the best day of my life."

I watched as she sat herself down on my couch and raked some of her hair away from her face, "You know what your attitude is telling me? You're guilty. What'd you do to your sister?"

"I didn't do anything."

She shook her head, "Of course. C'mon, Sahara. You must've said something to her!"

Jumping to conclusions, how great!

It was always evident that Giselle was my mom's favorite over the years. I wasn't too bothered about that, though because the only reason she favored Giselle is because she was too afraid to stand up for herself. I, on the other hand, would stick up for the both of us. She obviously didn't like that.

"I have things I need to be doing." I headed towards the living room door but my mom was already up and out of her chair by the time I had even made it. "Why are you showing a sudden interest in Giselle and I? Don't act like you showed up for me!"

"I see what this is, Sahara. Jealousy. She has a nice home, a wealthy fiance that she will one day have children with - you don't have that!" my mother spat, not knowing the truth behind what she was saying. "You truly pity yourself!"

"No...I pity you! Look at the state of yourself mom, and you just come in my house and accuse me of things?" I shouted, shaking with anger.

"How dare you talk to me like that! Who do you think you are? In fact, you need to learn from your sister, be more like her!"

"That's actually funny." I chuckled, tempted to reveal Giselle's secret."If only you knew."

Her face fell, "Knew what?"

I stayed silent, deciding that it was much more entertaining to listen to my mother struggle to find out Giselle's secret than for me to tell her everything she'd wanted.

"I can't believe you'd stoop so low! To make up fake little secrets that your sister doesn't have!"

I shut my eyes for a second and exhaled. My mother and I's relationship had never been good so I wasn't awfully shocked to hear she doesn't trust me.

So, instead, I offered her a smirk. "You're utterly, completely useless. You thrive off of Giselle's and I's arguments. I truly pity you, Savannah."

My last statement seemed to take a toll on her, she went quiet for a few seconds and her eyes latched onto a picture that I'd kept on the wall of my living room. A picture of all of us, my father, mom, Giselle all in a picture together.