[36] I like when we're together.

HELLO EVERYONE!

** THERE'S AN IMPORTANT A/N BELOW! **

[mature language.]

---

CHRISTMAS DAY

Here Giselle and I were, stood in front of Nadine's front door for our annual Christmas dinner. And, of course, I was the one who had to carry the two bags full of gifts for everyone. Giselle was well and truly pregnant, her ankles swelled more day by day and she slept more than anyone I'd ever seen before. She used her clumsy ways and pregnancy as an excuse for almost anything. 

I couldn't wait for her lazy ass to give birth. There'd be no more excuses from then on!

Oh, and I did want to see my nephew. 

"Aren't you going to press the door bell, Sahara? Or are we just gonna stand here all day?" Giselle asked, one hand on her hip.

"Are you seriously asking me that question right now? Can you not see these bags that you filled my hands with?" I held the bags up a little higher.

"Goodness Sahara." She huffed, pressing the doorbell herself. "You could've put them down."

I shook my head at my sister in disbelief before trying not to barge past her. She'd been a real pain the last week, I felt like a stressed out mother. 

"Merry Christmas!" Nadine shrieked as she opened the door, before sucking us both in for one of her renown bear hugs. She looked adorable in a knitted Rudolf Christmas sweater and, somehow, a sparkly Santa hat. 

"Merry Christmas to you too!" Giselle and I replied in sync. She opened the door for us to step in and, immediately I felt a rush of Christmas spirit. The hall was lit by Christmas scented candles small decorations were attached to the walls — a parade of red's and gold's. 

"Sahara give me the bags so I can put them under the tree whilst we eat." Nadine beamed, taking the gifts from my hands and running to the living room with them. "The food this year is especially delicious, if I do say so myself. 

"You don't have to tell me twice." Giselle called back, barging past me to head into the kitchen. 

----

"Okay you two, gather around the table—the dinner will be served shortly. " Adam informed us, looking slightly stressed. Nadine had been calling orders out at him for thirty minutes, having him dashing around the apartment in a hurry. "Sahara, Nadine says you already know this but..."

"I have to stay away from the kitchen." I rolled my eyes playfully, "I know, I know!"

Nadine dashed over to the dining area. "I'll never forget you setting my kitchen on fire." 

"I understand, I'll stay here! Sitting in front of the warm fireplace with this hot chocolate is way more fun." I responded, sipping my hot chocolate once more and leaning back in my chair, satisfied. 

Nadine strutted out again with her green apron on and a spatula in her hand. "Do you want to eat today or not? Because quite frankly, I can throw your servings in the trash—"

"Okay fine! I'm sorry, I'm going to sit down at the table nicely." I held my hands up in defence. 

Nadine had always been a perfectionist. Whether it were our seventh grade project, redesigning her apartment or even cooking Christmas dinner — anything less than perfect was unnaceptable for her. That was exactly why the food of the night was some of the best I'd eaten in such a long time.