Even through the metal fences I noticed that the lawn was freshly mowed, decorative plants and other glass structures were placed here and there. I even caught a glance of a swimming pool at the back. and is that a golf course over there?

I was peering out the car window, my mouth gaping open as I stared at this one fine house, I didnt even notice the driver call out to me. "excuse me miss, we're here." he told me.

"Where here?" I asked dumbfounded.

he looked at me for moment. "this house is where this paper tells me to stop at," he handed me the adress card I gave to him.

he was right. I looked at the piece of paper and back to the house.

"Sorry," I smiled it off. "Just new here."

"I can see that." He replied.

I paid for the ride and stepped out with my luggage, and the car drove away.

I stood at the open gate with both suitcases by my sides. with a deep breath, I stepped my way onto the porch and stood in front of the main door which was wide black and had one of those 'nose ring' door knockers hinged on it. to knock or not to knock. That's the question.

My illegitimate fears kept myself standing in front of the door as several minutes passed by. Then I thought, I'd rather not freeze to death but thanks for the offer, fear.
And knocked straight on the door.

just then, a lady who seemed to be in her 40's opened the door and gave me a bright smile. "Hi there! you must be Vivian. we've been expecting you for quite a while now," she greeted Me and motioned me to come inside. I tightly held on to my backpack as I cautiously made my way inside the well-built house. I found myself stepping into the foyer, where there was not much but an elongated stair way taking up most of the space, and a door-less entry to what seemed like a kitchen right behind the stairs. I happened to notice at my right, right across the stairs where futon leathered couches placed by the wall, surrounding a table facing a wide 90 inch flat screen TV.

 I happened to notice at my right, right across the stairs where futon leathered couches placed by the wall, surrounding a table facing a wide 90 inch flat screen TV

wow. i'd like to watch some boybands on That television. was the first thought that came to me as I saw the high quality TV. hey just because I grew up in an abandoned part of a city doesn't mean that I wouldn't know the famous bands like one erection, five minutes of summer and imaginary dragons.

my thoughts over how astonishingly amazing this place was- were interrupted as the woman who greeted me earlier said, "of course, where are my manners. I'm Katherine, but please, call me Katie" she reached her hand out to me, expecting a handshake.

I stood there staring at her hand almost as if it was morphing into a snake.

Katie noticed my uncalled behaviour and awkwardly put her hand away. "aaalrighty then.." at that moment I realized there were two boys standing right behind her. "..and these are my two sons!" she said excitedly.
funny. I thought there was suppose to be three.