𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

the next morning I woke up to the bright sun blazing through the velvet curtains, casting an eerie red glow around my room, making staying in bed a challenge for me.

I was completely dazed as I stood up into a sitting position. I grabbed the phone from the bedside table and unlocked it. there were several missed calls and messages from both Jenin and Tiffany. Even one from my manager!

I widenend my eyes at how I could have missed all of it.
then I face-palmed myself when I realized that the phone was still on airplane mode.

I got out of bed, grabbed my white T-shirt and jeans, along with my striped lingerie which was a gift from Victorias secret. Then I walked into the bathroom.

After a shower and dressing up, I headed down the stairs, keeping in mind that the boys were going to be there too.

But to my surprise they weren't. Only Katie was in the kitchen area and she looked up when she saw me coming down the stairs.

"vivian, you're awake," she stated the obvious, "I knew you'd be tired so I didn't bother waking you up."

I sat at the counter across from where Katie was, humming a song, busy cooking and preparing something.

"where are the boys?" I asked her.

"at college." she replied.

I was suprised. "all three of them?"

"no, just Lucas and Simon, Jareds at work."

"Oh."

"I'm not one to announce favourites," she started without me even asking "but if I had ti choose it's obviously Jared. Took his knowledge and education to good use and now hes working on creating an airline chain, one that could possibly compete with Boeing and Airbus. His company loves him." she smiled proudly.

"Wow that's a pretty big deal," I replied in awe. I'd love to ask her who her least favourite son is but in think I already know the answer.

Once she placed the meal infront of me I quickly dug in, and just as I was just about to ask Katie what she did for a living, my phone vibrated and a message notification popped up. I held the fork in one hand and took the phone with the other.

it was a text from tiffany:
Guess who made it to LA 😎 see your ass soon B

I put the phone down when Katie asked "your friend?"

"yeah," I replied "best friend actually."

"ooh," Katie looked amused. "well have you called your mother yet?"

mother?- oh right jenin. "um, not yet, but I'm planing to."

"you drink coffee, right?" she asked over her shoulder.

with my mouth full, I replied "yes"

after a couple of minutes, I was stuffed.
Not so surprisingly I managed to finish everything on the plate. Katie took the empty plate away, nodding and giving off a 'not bad' face. I took the coffee cup and went to sit down on the couch.

just as I took the remote to change the channel on the TV, Katie stopped right in front of it and yelled "I just remembered something!"

I yelled back in shock, "WhAt??!"

she calmed down and sat on the coffee table, facing me. "I need to get you into a school.." she said.

My face fell and I found myself sinking into the sofa, at the same time while making the most irritated groan I've ever made. which put up a concerning look on Katie's face. "I'm guessing you don't like the idea.."