Part Two: Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

"I'm Xander's... friend"

"Okay? How do you know me?" He didn't seem to want to talk and I was about to tell him 'never mind' until an idea popped into my mind.

"What are you doing tonight?!" I almost shouted in his face and he gave me a strange look.

"Uhm... sorry, I'm not interested"

My face went red, "No, I wouldn't go for you" I hesitated..that sounded mean, "I was wondering if you could take Xander out for a night out, he messaged me saying he hated not being social" I lied.

Ger gave me a strange look before sighing, "I've tried to get him out before and he says no. Anyway I'm busy tonight, maybe another night"

"NO! It has to be tonight, I'm begging you. Just bring him out then you can leave him and go do whatever your doing"

"No, stop being weird"

Ouch.

"For Xander, not me. Just ask him. He seriously needs to get out"

Ger shrugged, "I don't know where he is, I think he went on a little holiday or something. Since his maid quit, he's been vacant" He frowned and he must have felt bad.

He let out a small sigh,"Fine. I'll try get him to come out for a drink but I'm not staying around"

"To club forty one"

"Why?" He narrowed his eyes, now suspicious of why I was doing all this.

"It's a long story" I didn't want to explain how I was trying to get Xander to run into Milania. Maybe they could patch things up, or I could mess it all up and hate myself even more.

He shook his head with a small sigh, "Fine but don't blame me if he doesn't come out. I don't know if you want to meet him there, or if you have a crush on him but you owe me"

I didn't even know him, how could I owe him? I didn't bother asking him in case it messed up my chances but just nodded my head. He glanced down to his watch, "Listen I got to go" He saw the unsure look in my eyes, "I promise to try but you owe me a proper explanation"

He hurried off, not bothering to say 'bye'. He seemed to be in a rush.

I let out a sigh and continued to shop for Henry. My heart was racing, I wasn't sure if I was fixing things or making things worse... I had to apologize soon.

Things had seemed to be turning out for the better but they decided to go down hill. I couldn't even work for Henry anymore. Before Milania had asked, he had already got a second butler so now he was trying to find me someone else to work for.

Knowing my luck, it would probably be another perv. Maybe I deserved it at this point.

 I headed toward the check out and quickly bought all the stuff that was on the list. I hurried out of the shop and into the main shopping center where my eyes landed on Henry, who was on the phone talking to someone.

When he saw me, his eyes lit up and he beckoned me over. He had gone to look at phones while I was buying the items. Dammit, I was late. I ran over, clinging the bag tightly before stopping in front of him, "I'm so sorry, I got caught up-"

"It's fine Evangeline" He put his phone in his pocket, "I've got... goodish bad news"

That didn't sound promising.

"The good news, I found someone you can work for" My heart dropped. If that was the good news, the bad news was that it was some weirdo or pervert.

"T-thank you" I mumbled, not wanting to disrespect him. He seemed to know what I was thinking because he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, it's no one like your past owner. It's my cousins son" I tilted my head. His cousins son?

"Then how's that bad news, Sir?"

"He's- you see, he's hiring you for him because he's a bit of a... I don't know how to explain him. A trouble maker...rebellious, I don't know. But his father's worried for him and he just wants someone to 'help' him"

This was an unusual request. He was probably a confused teenage boy going through puberty. That wouldn't be to difficult.

"So his father's the one technically hiring and paying me but I'm working for his son?" Henry nodded his head.

He was probably in his early teen's. Minding a kid, or being a maid for a kid wouldn't be that hard. A smile grew on my face and I nodded my head, "Thank you so much, Sir"

"It's Henry, Evangeline. You don't need to call me sir" He chuckled, "No problem. My cousin said if he treats you bad tell him immediately" I nodded my head again.

Maybe... maybe things would turn out okay. If I was lucky Xander and Milania would run into each other and sort things, and this kid wouldn't be that difficult.

I was nervous but excited at what the future held for me now.

-----------------------------

You think Milania and Xander meeting back up after all that time was a coincidence. Nope. This girl that everyone 'hates' basically saved your ship. Xania would be dead. Bet you're rethinking your opinion of her now!