nine

Christmas Day // Jimin and Jungkook

------

Mina walked out of Biology loud and proud, a wide smile on her face. Rachel gave her a weird look, like she's never seen Mina this happy.

"Okay, what happened? Did you and Taehyung hook up or something?"

The mention of his name startled Mina, and she composed herself immediately. "No. I just did well on the test, that's all."

There was a buzz coming from Mina's bag, and she turned on her phone to find two texts from Taehyung. She waited until Rachel continued walking a couple steps ahead of her to read the messages.

Text Message from 'that dickhead': how'd u do

Text Message to 'that dickhead': killed it

Text Message from 'that dickhead': so when are you gonna pay me for being an amazing tutor

Text Message to 'that dickhead': are u asking for your ass to be kicked rn

"Kim Mina. If you don't get your ass moving right now, we'll be late to our next class for sure." Rachel tugged her along, and Mina shut off her phone. The smile never left her face, even after three painful laps in PE. If Rachel sensed something weird about her, she didn't mention it. For that, Mina was grateful.

When lunch rolled around, Mina found Jaehee and Rachel seated at Jimin's table instead of their own, and then her eyes landed on Taehyung, who was so completely immersed in his phone that he didn't even notice her sit down across him.

"Ya, this game is so fucking stupid - oh, Mina." he said when he found her across the table and sent her a surprised grin. "Have you ever played this game?"

She hadn't, and shook her head. "Thanks again, by the way, for you know..." She trailed off when she noticed Jimin staring at them.

"Jimin, mind your own business." Taehyung said, smacking Jimin's back. Mina could hear Jimin snicker before Taehyung spoke again. "No problem. but you still haven't paid up."

"Ha ha. Remind me never to study with you again."

"Sure. We can go on a real date next time. For boba."

Mina flushed, looking down at her food so he wouldn't see her blush. "Let's go get hot chocolate instead."

"I knew I had you converted! I'm holding you to that." He grinned, that signature boxy smile that she's grown so used to.

Our of the corner of her eye, she saw Jaehee stand up before she hit her fist on the table twice to get her attention. "I'm hosting a party at my house on Christmas, and you're all invited. Please, please come, I can't stand celebrating Christmas playing bingo with my grandma."

There was a murmur amongst the table, and Rachel nudged her side. "You're going, right?"

"I don't know." she replied. "you know I don't really like parties."

"Come on, it can't be as bad as ice skating." She leaned into Mina and whispered, "Taehyung is going, too."

Mina groaned, looking away. "So, you going to the party?" She asked him.

Taehyung nodded. "Don't tell me you're not planning to go."

"Well..."

"I mean we could always ditch and go get boba instead."

It sounded like a good plan to her, but she didn't let Jaehee know that. "I'm going to the party. I might just leave a little early, is all."

He beamed at her, and Mina wasn't sure when she started wanting to always be in Taehyung's company.

---------

Omg I think there's on chapter left to this story (I might be cutting it short so I can finish) and Im hoping to be done by Christmas!! Also I saw the new bts album in ktown today and I just wanted to buy them all ugh