four

7:24 AM

text message from 'that dickhead' : hiya mina kim.

text message from 'that dickhead' : hope you're not mad about that other day

text message from 'that dickhead' : sorry? :)

Mina shut off her phone, and focused instead on the her surroundings outside, watching as the bus whizzed past buildings and trees. She didn't want to dwell on their encounter. He had turned her festive holiday attitude into one that resembled the grinch's.

The bus soon dropped her and others off at school. Mina was met at the entrance by her friend, Rachel, who immediately crossed her arm around Mina's before heading together into the building.

"You look glum this morning. You worried for that Bio test, too?" Rachel remarked.

"Don't even remind me."

"Oh my god. Is it a boy?" she said. "Wait, no boy would ever turn you down, Mina."

It was. But Mina couldn't tell her about Taehyung. "It's not a boy. Now c'mon, let's get a couple minutes of studying in before the test."

------

"How was your test?" Rachel asked her as they walked to their usual lunch table a couple classes later. 

"Failed it. Miserably." Mina replied. "I didn't get much studying in yesterday, either." 

"Lies. You always go straight home and cram your ass off the night before a big test. There's no way you failed."

Except she didn't go home right after school ended. She lost an hour wasting her time talking to a stupid boy with his stupid antics, and now she had to pay the price. 

They arrived at their table and took a seat. Mina waved to a couple other friends that sat with them, before starting on her lunch. She continued to make small talk, and was in the middle of her tirade on her lack of sleep when a loud shout from the entrance interrupted her.

"What the -" Mina muttered, looking up. "Oh, of course." 

Standing at the entrance of the cafeteria was none other than 'that dickhead', Kim Taehyung himself. He laughed loudly as his friend chucked a box at him, causing the rest of her table to quiet down and watch the two boys. 

Mina cocked her head, squinting to get a better look at the box Taehyung was holding. It was so similar; red wrapping, green ribbon --

"Mina!" 

Mina's head snapped up. There, frantically waving his arm in the air, was Taehyung. The present was tucked under his other arm, confirming her earlier suspicions. 

"Is that Taehyung calling your name?" Rachel asked, giving Mina's arm a little nudge. "Was that what you were doing instead of studying?"

Mina rolled her eyes. "I don't know him. He's just my secret santa." 

When she looked up again at the door, he was no longer there. She found him making his way over to her table, and groaned internally. If he was going to mess with her again, she'd seriously lose it. Something hit her head suddenly, causing Mina to flinch. 

"Merry christmas!" Taehyung said, handing her the box. He wore a close-lipped smile, one that made Mina question his integrity. 

"I'm not falling for that again." 

"I'm sorry. Though it was pretty funny." he said. "I'm serious though, this is a real present." 

"What makes you think that I'll trust you this time after you played me twice already?" she retorted, looking up at him. 

Taehyung chuckled, placing the box on the table. "You're cute when you're mad." 

Mina heard snickering from the table, but ignored them. Surely this was part of his plan to trick her into opening the present. "Nice try." 

He held his hands up, surrendering. "Alright. I'll just leave this here, and you can open it if you want. But message me if you do, okay? You're gonna love it." he winked. 

------

woo please give this story some love!!! also i didnt proofread this so im sorry if theres mistakes everywhere