|18|

Ethan-

"What happened to us?" I asked, stepping towards her, still crying.

"You tell me."

It felt like a million knives were thrown into my chest all at once and I wanted to fall to my knees and tell her I love her.

The girl I love and would die for turner her back on me and walked into the house. Her home, her safe place.

I want to be her safe place.

I ran inside after her and saw her in the arms of her mother, crying hysterically.

"Can you please give us a minute?" I asked Taryn's mom with a shaky voice.

She nodded and kissed her daughters head and walked upstairs. Once I heard a door close I walked towards Taryn and she just shied away.

"Taryn, I'm going to be blatantly honest  with you. I fucking love you. I love your laugh, your beautiful smile, that tiny little freckle behind your ear-"

"Ethan.." She interrupted.

"I love the way your voice sounds over the phone, I love your intelligence, I love how every time I look at you, you take my breath away. I love the softness of your lips, the way our bodies fit together like two puzzle pieces. I love the way you carry yourself, how you light up a room whenever you walk in, I love your kindness, and I love that you're not afraid to cry. I love your beautiful eyes. I love how you always smell like vanilla, I love how you're so passionate about some things."

"Your time is almost up." She mumbled, looking down at the floor.

"I love how you accepted me back into your life after I left you."

She looked up and made eye contact with me, looking like she was about to collapse.

I wanted nothing more than to hug her, and tell her everything was going to be okay.

Her watery eyes made me feel horrible for ever inflicting any pain in the beautiful girl standing in front of me.

"I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to hurt you. I'm sorry for being an asshole and leading you on, but I've realized now you're the one I want. You're all I've ever wanted, Taryn. I love you and that's all I know."

My instincts took over and within seconds I had her in my arms. She didn't resist and fell into me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I love you Ethan." She cried. "I can't-"

I held Taryn against me and we rocked back and forth for what felt like hours. My skin was tingling and butterflies were erupting all over my body.

"I have one more thing to ask you..." Taryn whispered, pushing herself away from me.

"Shoot."

She took my bigger hand in her smaller one and took us over to the couch, sitting down and crossing her legs.

"What's gonna happen with you and Kelsey?"

I should have known this question was coming. I've thought about what I would do, and I think I'm ready to do it.

"I'm going to call her in the morning and ask her to come here so I can talk to her. It's pretty late now."

The clock on the kitchen wall read nine thirty. I looked up at Taryn and it only then hit me how exhausted she looked. Not only was she hospitalized and released in a day for a concussion, she lost sleep because I wanted to hang out with her at midnight for god knows how long, and had to come get my drunk ass from a party and take care of me.