|5|

Kelsey

"Kelsey come on we're going to miss our flight! The car is outside!" My mom yelled from outside my door.

I was finishing my makeup so I would arrive at Taryn's house in shitty Chicago looking good. 

"Babe, how long until I see you again?" I asked my boyfriend.

He looked at the calendar on his phone and sighed, "Well, it's May 15th. So at the earliest, July. At the latest, August. But theres a chance I could be in Chicago with you in like, two weeks."

I smiled, happy knowing we won't be away for long. 

"I wonder how Taryn is going to react, actually seeing you in person." 

"Well if you told her like you said you did, then it's gonna go well. She's always chill about things like that." He said, kissing my lips. 

"KELSEY LETS GO!" My mother hollered from outside. 

"FUCK OKAY I'M COMING"

I grabbed my suitcase and put my makeup bag inside, zipping it up. My earbuds, phone and charger were in hand and I was ready to leave my home for the summer. 

As I walked down the stairs, I wondered how Taryn was going to act around me this summer. I know for sure I'm not changing who I am for her satisfaction. Last summer, the bitch basically broke my face. 

Once outside, I watched the driver put my suitcases in the back of the car. I got in the car and kissed my boyfriend goodbye. 

"Bye ekat, see you in a few weeks!" I yelled as the car drove away. 

I sat back in my seat with a feeling of satisfaction. 

Taryn won't know what's coming for her. 

________________________________________

Taryn

I finished the last question on my last exam of the year and closed the package, proud of myself. I think I did pretty well.

I packed my things and quietly walked to the front of the class, walking by Brooke's desk. I quietly snorted when I saw she was still on the first page. 

My English teacher smiled at me when I handed in my exam and handed me a chocolate bar. 

"Thanks for being a great student, have an amazing summer!" She whispered. 

I thanked her and quietly left the room and made my way to my locker to make sure I didn't forget anything. 

Once I got there I found a note stuck inside from Tanner. 

"I'm going out with my family for the night, I'll talk to you tomorrow -Tanner "

I crumpled the note up and threw it in my bag and walked out of the school, wanting to scream with joy because I won't be back for a few months. 

My dad pulled up in his car and rolled the window down and looked at me with raised eyebrows. 

"You getting in..?" 

I rolled my eyes and pulled the passenger door open and threw my bag in the back and then slammed the door. I was pissed at my parents for what happened the other night, and I guess they feel the same way too. 

"Look, I get it. You're mad at your mother and I about what happened and you're giving us the silent treatment to make us feel bad so we'll forgive you." 

"Forgive me?" I sneered. "You guys are the ones who flipped shit when I came home late. Which NEVER happens because I never leave the damn house."