|3|

Kelsey's POV (taryn's cousin in case you forgot)

"Babe, I don't want to spend the WHOLE summer with my bitchy cousin. You know what happened last year!" I complained to my boyfriend. 

"She's not a bitch. In her defence, you did fuck her boyfriend. I think Taryn had every right to pretty much break your face." He chuckled.

"But the surgery my daddy paid for put my face back together." I smiled, turning around and straddling his lap. "School for Taryn and I ends in a week. So this time next week I'll be in shitty Chicago. I'm going to miss you baby."

He laughed, "Chicago isn't shitty, it's nice. I spent most of my life there. Plus, by August I'll be there to spend a week or so with you."

I nodded, leaving small kisses on his neck. "If she makes a move on you I'll fucking kill her. Just because you two had a past together doesn't mean she can crawl all over you." 

"I'm all yours baby."

_________________________________

Taryn's POV

I hate feeling alone. 

I hate being alone. 

Your mind always races to the worst possible thoughts and it eats you alive.

They say your teen years are supposed to be the absolute best years of your live. You're supposed to meet people you'll be friends with until the day you die. You're supposed to go to parties and make memories you'll never forget. 

You're supposed to get your heart broken so you can figure out how to put yourself back together, and figure out how to be stronger. 

But so far, my teen years have just been full of loneliness and heartbreak. 

And I haven't found out how to put myself back together yet. 

__________________________

All I've done today is lay in bed and feel bad for myself and that needs to change. 

I jumped up from my bed and saw it was three in the afternoon, shrugging, I pulled on a white tee shirt and some black high waisted shorts, tucking the front of the shirt into my shorts and pulled on my shoes.

I put some foundation and powder on my face, finishing my look with a couple coats of mascara on my lashes. I felt satisfied. It was a weird feeling considering I would be back at school tomorrow. But only for a week. 

The school board decided to give us small exams on what we were already taught and end school at the beginning of may, then send us back in early September. 

It's been about a week since I found out Kelsey was spending the summer at my house and each day that creeped closer to her arrival date made me cringe. 

I decided to clear my mind and take Ella for a walk. 

I picked up her purple leash and when she heard the jingle of the metal, the cute brown lab puppy attempted to run down the stairs, but ended up sliding down on her belly, flopping on the ground and looking at me with an excited face. 

"Come on baby girl! Let's go for a walk!" I cooed, putting the leash on her. 

Ella pranced out the front door with me walking behind her. I waved to the neighbours as we walked by, getting closer to the dog park which was only a five minute walk from my house. 

As we walked down the sidewalk, I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and turned it on. I saw I had a missed call from my mom, but I ignored her and put my phone away.