Chapter 2

You felt his gaze upon you as you stepped forward. You were too frightened to meet his eyes so you kept your head down. You could hear him stepping down from his throne when he said ''My, my, that dress looks marvelous on you.'' You looked up to see him stare at you. ''Thankyou, my Lord, Lura laid it out for me.'' You said. You noticed how shaky your voice was. Ugh, get yourself together, woman. ''Ah I see, she does have a good taste when it comes to dresses.'' he said as he slowly made his way towards you. His eyes, they looked so vivid, so full of life. They met your gaze and he started smirking. ''Now, can you please tell me why you trespassed on my borders?''. You were stun when he said the word 'trespassed'.

 ''I'm so sorry, my Lord, for I was only following a pack of orcs.''

''And why were you?''

You looked at him and started thinking about the next few words you were going to say. Should I tell him? No, no why should you infiltrate him in your personal life? Besides, he's the elven King, he would not even show the slightest bit of interest in your life. But then you remembered the stories that your father told you about Thranduil. How his dungeons have held hundreds and thousands of people who've stolen from his realm, trespassed and those who lied. Should you tell him? I mean, you didn't really feel like being locked up for the rest of your life. There was so much more to see, so much more to discover. But then again, you were going to tell him something that you haven't said to anyone who had crossed your path. But who says he is going to throw you in the dungeons? What if the does something else? He might kill you on the spot, or throw you back out only to be ripped apart by the spiders from Dol Guldur. You weren't going to let that happen. There is no question, I have to tell him the truth. 

''The leader of the group, Arigigoth, slaughtered my father a couple of weeks ago.'' As you said it, there was a lump in your throat. ''I wasn't going to let him get away with that and so I decided to track down the pack and kill him, even if that resulted in me trespassing.'' There, you said it. In a weird way, it felt kind of good to finally tell someone about it. A heavy burden fell off your shoulders. ''I offer you my most sincere apologies, it won't happen again.'' You looked at Thranduil while he turned around with his back facing you. 

''No, you're right, it won't happen again. You are to stay here for the remainder of your life.'' 

Wait, what?! Did he just- what? No, no, no, this is not happening. Oh my god, he is actually doing it. He is actually throwing you in the dungeons. For the rest of your life, I might add. But you told him the truth?!  You were being honest with a complete stranger! This is ridiculous. No, this is not happening. You were not going to let yourself being thrown to the side like that. That wasn't your style. 

''Excuse me, my Lord, but I did nothing wrong. Yes, I trespassed, but I had no intention to harm you, your people, or your realm so I should not be punished. I came here to vengeance the only thing I had left in my life, which was my father.'' You dramatized the word 'only'. '' Fine, throw me in the dungeons but I'm not going to come willingly. I will put up a fight and I will kill if I must.'' 

That last sentence shocked not only Thranduil, but yourself as well. That actually came out of your mouth? 

''Who said anything about throwing you in the dungeons?'' Thranduil said in the most calm way you ever heard anyone speak. ''You get your own chambers and Lura will be your personal maiden. You will attend breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day with me and my son, Legolas.'' He said whilst turning around again to lock with your eyes. ''Speaking of Legolas, you should meet him. He is, after all, the one who saved your life.'' 

Ah. So Legolas was the one who shot the arrow and killed Argigoth. Thinking about it, you should thank him. If it weren't for the King's son, you'd be dead. 

''Yes, my Lord. Where can I find him?'' 

''One of my guards will take you to him.''

''Thankyou, my Lord.'' You bowed your head and walked back towards the doors when you felt a warm hand touch your shoulder. You turned your head and saw Thranduil looking down at you. His eyes almost piercing your soul, his eyebrows in a frown. You looked at each other for a period of time you cannot recall. You were lost in his eyes when he suddenly started to talk. 

''My dear, I have not even had the honour of knowing your name.''

''It's (y/n).'' You said, smiling. 

Thranduil slowly let go of your shoulder and you started walking towards the doors, avoiding an awkward silence. Little did you know that when you walked out, he never stopped looking at you. He followed you with his eyes until you were out of sight. 

''(y/n)...'' he whispered. He returned to his throne ans as he sat down, he couldn't stop thinking about the way you looked into his eyes. Those beautiful (e/c) eyes, he could see himself getting lost in them. 

Hii! This is the second chapter. It's kind of short, but I promise the next one will be longer, because I'm off work for about a week so I have loads of time to write. I'm starting to get excited for this story, I'm really curious what it might bring and how long this is going to last! Thank you so much for reading, I means the world. Have a lovely day, be happy, smile, think about the things you love and the most important thing of all, Live! 

xxxxxx