Chapter 3

The guard lead you through the great halls, up and down the stairs, around the corners and deep into the realm. He stopped walking and knocked on a door. He lead you in and closed it. You stood in the middle of the room. It was spacious, way bigger than your chambers. You heard footsteps coming your way and you straightened and prepared yourself.

''Ah, my Lady, I am delighted to see you up and walking. How are you feeling?''

''I'm feeling a bit dizzy at the moment, but I'll be fine.''

''That's good to hear.'' Legolas smiled.  ''I'm so sorry, I haven't had the change to properly introduce myself to you, my name is Legolas, prince of the Woodland Realm.'' He said as he took your hand and kissed it. 

''Oh, yeah, I know. Your father told me about you. You saved my life. I'm here to thank you.'' You bowed and looked up to him. 

''My Lady, you don't have to thank me. It was the only thing to do in a situation like that. And please, you don't bow for me. There is no need for that.''

You smiled. 

''Thankyou, Ernil nîn.'' 

''I hear you know a bit of Elvish?''

''Yes. My father, he taught me some words if I ever found myself in a situation like this.''

''Your father must be a great man.''

''Yeah... he... was.''

Legolas' eyes widened. ''I-I'm so sorry. I didn't-''

''You couldn't know, Legolas, really, it's fine.'' 

You quickly walked out and before you closed the door you said;

''See you at dinner.''

***

A guard brought you to your chambers were Lura was waiting for you. You started to remember what happened when you were with Thranduil.  When you walked in, she saw the look on your face, and she started thinking out loud. 

''My lady, are you alright? Is something wrong? What did he say?''

You sat down on your bed and looked at Lura.

''No, no, I'm fine, actually. He -uh..- well, he is most definitely not going to throw me in the dungeons.'' You said. 

''But, my lady, that's great news! He must've felt some sort of empathy towards you, I've seen enough people being thrown in there for the smallest of crimes.''

You smirked at her comment. 'He must've felt some sort of empathy'  You liked him. You were never going to admit it, but you did. He's magnificent. His long hair, the way he moves, his voice... Wait, no, stop. He's a King for christ' sake. It was never going to happen. 

There was a harsh knock on the door and Lura answered. It was a guard. They exchanged some words, they were elvish so you had no idea what they were talking about. You heard Lura say ''Le Hannon'' taking a wild guess, you think it meant something like 'Thank you'. 

''My Lady, I will run a bath for you. You are to attend dinner and be presented within the next hour'' Lura said as she walked to the other room that borders the bedroom and let the water fill the round, spacious, pool-like bath. 

She gestured for you to come in and then she walked out to give you some privacy. You took off your dress and stepped into the warm water. You let yourself soak and you could feel the water sting your scratches. It hurt, but it felt extremely good to relax. You dozed off, and after what seemed to be ages, Lura came to fetch you and get you prepared for dinner. 

She once again laid out a beautiful dress, this time it was light blue, with long sleeves and it covered way more than the last dress. You let out a sigh of relief. The feeling of being covered up felt so good, you never liked being exposed like that. Lura also did your hair. She let it down, and braided some strands of hair. When she was finished, she rook a few steps back to admire her work. 

''I think you are ready, my Lady, you truly look beautiful.'' 

You smiled. 

''Thankyou, Lura.'' 

She walked you to the door where a guard was waiting for you. He escorted you to the dining hall, and the smell of fresh bread, wine, and other food filled your nose. It made you hungry. As you walked in, you saw Legolas sitting at the table. You gazed over to the head of the table, expecting the King to be there, but you were disapointed. Thranduil wasn't here yet. Legolas stood up from his chair and walked over to you. He bowed, took your hand, and kissed it. You blushed. He met your gaze as he said; 

''My lady, I am delighted to see you again. How do you feel? Has the dizziness faded?'' 

''Yes, it has! Thankyou for asking.'' You smiled. ''Lura took good care of me and I feel much better.''

Legolas sat you down on the chair opposite of him and you both waited for Thranduil to enter so you could eat. Suddenly, all of the guards walked up to the doors and one of them said;

''I present to you, King Thranduil.''

He walked in, slowly, so that the whole room could admire him and sat down in his chair. O my god, he looked so good. How can anyone look so good in a tiara? 

He turned his head and looked into your eyes ''(y/n)... how wonderful to see you again. You must be starving. Please, eat.'' 

You ate as must as you could. You talked to Legolas all night and even laughed with him. He told you stories about his triumphs in battles, and funny stories about how his friends got drunk and did weird stuff- you had fun. That's something that didn't really happen a lot the past few weeks. As you finished, Legolas excused himself and he walked out, leaving only you and Thranduil left in the dining hall. 

''I have to say, my Lady, you again look stunning. Lura does make sure you look at your absolute best.'' He said while smirking at you. You saw him exploring every single inch or your body, and you couldn't help but love it. 

He walked over to you and took your hand, he pulled you up from your chair and placed his hands on your hips. He stared into your eyes, and smirked. Those eyes, they're magic. 

''You must know, I don't usually let people into my life like this. But you,pen tithen, are an exception.''

He was inches from your face and leaned in, your eyes widened and when he was about to touch your lips, a guard stormed in and said:

''My Lord, I apologize for interrupting you,  but there is a pack of spiders headed towards the-''

''HOW DARE YOU ENTER WITHOUT MY CONSENT?''

He shouted at the guard and walked up to him, giving him a death glare. You saw him relax his shoulders and he took a deep breath. He turned his head to face you and said;

''I am sorry, my Lady, I am needed elsewhere. I'm sure we can pick up where we left off... later.''

He smiled, not smirking, he actually smiled. You were left alone in the room, stunned. He tried to kiss you. He actually tried- if it wasn't for the guard I'm sure he had actually done it. You didn't know what to do. It was about 5 mins when you started moving and returned to your chambers. You went straight to bed and thinking about the events that happened not to long ago, you dozed off into what would be a perfect sleep. 

Hi guys! I took my time writing this, I'm sorry for any grammer mistakes that might still be hidden somewhere! I'm loving this and I love you all for reading it. Happy Christmas, everybody, see you soon! 

xxxx