Chapter 12: Why Did You?

Start from the beginning

Speaking of the grandma, where was she?

"Guess who?"A faminine voice entered my ears, now giggling, while someone covered my eyes with his hands. The voice undoubtedly belonged to the grandma, but the palms covering my eyes were rough and manly, giving out only one possibility, Alejandro!

"Alejandro!" I screamed, laughing out loud.

"Wrong." I heard Alejandro's voice.

"Then who is it?" Wondering to myself, I twisted my head and my eyes increased in size when they landed on, none other than, Edward. I did not a tiny bit expect Valery to invite him to our table. Oh, dafoos Valery! She always seemed to find a way to make me uncomfortable in some sort.

"Hey, I did not touch you with any intention, it was your friend's idea," he scoffed, pointing towards Valery and back up slightly raising his hands in surrender, mockery was clear in his eyes. The expression did not astonish me as it was expected after receiving a hard slap from a female.

"He will be sitting with us, so I expect behaviour from you." Valery's eyes held warning, for which I bowed down with a sarcastic expression. A sneer left mine and Alejandro's lips together.

Great Valery! First, you bleed my ears by lecturing me in the car about how I shouldn't have hit him yesterday and, today, he sits with us for lunch. Couldn't I get rid of him?

God! Why do you hate him so much?

Maybe because he is so full of himself all the time and not to mention, he kissed me without taking my permission.

You are so full of yourself too. Get a grip girl, and act politely towards him. After all, he is the reason you are alive today. He is the reason that you got to know, your ex-husband is jealous and perhaps, has some feelings towards you.

Whatever my subconscious explained was correct. And my subconscious was again me. Maybe, my mouth and actions were too harsh towards him. I pulled out all his negative aspects and self-flattering remarks on the first day instead of thanking him for his presence. The first impression is the best impression, people say. Maybe, I need to make amendments of my first impression on him, in order to picture him positively.

"Sit," I said Edward softly which did not only shock Edward but also me and the other three who knew Edward; Valery, Ivanna and Alejandro.

"Uh-uh Okay..." he trailed off, cautiously eyeing the seat for a minute ad then seating himself.

"Who are you?" Sein's blue eyes narrowed at Edward when he finally gave rest to the poor menu whose pages were flipped left and right, at least, a fifty times till then.

"Oh, he? He is Edward, the one I mentioned in the ca-" Ivanna abruptly halted her words, once she realised what left her ducking mouth.

Sein's body tensed suddenly, his eyes changing the shades of blue, which became darker second by second. He suddenly jerked his head the opposite direction, to avoid the anger or something else.

Ivanna, when will you learn to stop the pretty little mouth of yours? Alcohol is not needed for you, You probably are drunk all the time to blurt out things which aren't supposed to be exposed so suddenly.

"Uh- is something wrong here? Maybe, I should leave." He started to get up after sensing Sein's hostile reaction, at his name. I understood the un-comfortability that seeped his nerves right then, not exactly knowing his role in the somewhat not so compromising situation.

I grabbed his hand and nodded him to sit in his place, which earned me another surprised look with raised eyebrows.

"Nothing's wrong here bro...just chill." Phillipe butted in the conversation.