8: Goodbye

Sollux's POV:

I re-read Eridan's letter over and over again.

Sollux,
Meet me in the park near Kanaya's house before tomorrows goodbye gathering. I have a few things to give and tell you. Don't tell anyone.
-Eridan

What the hell did he want to see me for? Can't he just tell me at Kanaya's house?

I waited all day until it was an hour before the gathering.
I got ready and left the house before KK could catch me leaving on my own.

It was cold and cloudy.
Sad almost..

The walk to the park wasn't long. I had the letter folded up in my pocket; and searched around for Eridan as my hand clutched onto it.
He was no where in site.

I sat at a bench, sighing softly. I could see my breath. That's how fucking cold it was.

I shivered and held myself.
About half an hour passed before I heard him.

"Sol?"

I quickly stood and turned.

There he stood, holding a box and envelope in his hands.
He seemed to avoid looking straight into my eyes.

Eridan took a small step back when I tried moving closer to him.

"ED, IIm 2o-"
"I knoww.. You'vve apologized enough already.." He sighed and finally looked at me in the eyes. "I bet you're wwonderin' wwhy you're here, right?"

"Uh, yeah. We have to hurry 2o we can get to Kan-"

"I'm not goin.."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why? Everyone want2 two 2ay-"

Eridan simply put his hand up, signaling me to shut my mouth.
He walked to the bench and sat down.
I sat next to him and looked at the box and envelope he had.

"This is for you.. I um.. Just thought I should personally givve these to you before I go.." He said quietly. He kept the envelope and handed over the box first.

"What ii2 iit?"

"Wwhy else wwould it be in a box? You havve to open it.." He rolled his eyes.

I laughed, but he remained emotionless.
I looked down at the box and opened it.
I froze.

"I knoww you already havve a lot of these from wwhen you wwere in the hospital, but this wwas your before you lost your memory.. Kan wwas keepin' it from you because she didn't wwant to trigger memories of evverythin' all at once.. But, you'vve nevver been apart from it until the incident.. It wwas also ripped in some parts so I fixed it up for you.."

I slowly took out the small stuffed bee from the box. It definitely looked old. I saw the neat stitching and saw my name hand sewn into it.

I remember holding this when I was sick... I think I called him Mr. Buzz.

I smiled a bit and held it close to my chest. "Thank you.." I managed to whisper out. I felt a smile start to form.

He nodded and his eyes watered, "And.. Here's this.." He handed me the envelope. My name was written in cursive on the front.

"I have to go." He stood and so did I.

"But.. Why aren't you goiing two-"
"I'm leavving right noww.. Cro is wwaiting for me in that car ovver there.." Eridan pointed.

I was about to open my mouth again, but he hugged me tightly.
I slowly hugged him back, closing my eyes.
"Goodbye Sollux.." He whispered and pulled away, running off to the car.