"What are you talking about?" Niall asked, regretting how rude that sounded. His mom seemed a bit surprised but didn't say anything about it. 

"I just. . . I just think it's time for you and Melissa to finally settle down, to make things official."

Was this actually happening?

"Mum, what exactly are you telling me?" Niall crossed his arms. He knew clearly that his mother was tiptoeing around the issue. 

Maura sighed. "I want you to marry Melissa."

Niall looked at her, shocked. He let his arms fall as he felt all air get knocked out of him by his mother's words. He wanted his mum to be proud of him, he really did. But there were limits. And that was a huge limit. 

He isn't sure why he was shocked. He always knew it. He always knew that his mother would one day ask him that. But until that day came, he pushed the idea into the very dark corners of his mind. He never thought about it because was there really a way out? 

"I just think it's time for you to start thinking about it," Maura smiled. "I'll let you think but make sure you come in soon because dinner is going to be served soon." 

Niall watched his mother go inside the large house. His family was wealthy, so it was logical for them to have a nice house in a nice neighborhood. But that wasn't the main point right now. 

Niall sat down at a near stone bench before his legs gave out. The ache in his chest was still there, suffocating him, not letting him breathe properly. 

He felt angry, sad, and trapped. 

Melissa was leaving tomorrow and since Maura has probably already talked to her mother about the idea of marriage, it is guaranteed that the idea will stick in Melissa's head.

Niall would go through many things to keep his family. 

But this. . . this was not going to be one of them. 

-x-

Harry was at the airport, walking through when he bumped into someone rather familiar. 

"Oh! Sorry!" Harry exclaimed, stumbling backwards and looking at the person in front of him with wide eyes. The person straightened themselves up and glanced up at Harry. 

"Harry?" Louis asked, fixing the lid on his coffee. Luckily, the coffee was spilled on his clothes. 

"Hi," Harry matched the man's appearance to Niall's friend that walked in on them in a very awkward position some time ago. He hasn't talked to the man since but he seemed friendly enough. 

"Finally I get to see you again. Niall's probably keeping you away from me because I question him to much about you," Louis laughed, taking a sip of his coffee and putting his hand in his pocket.

"Oh," Harry laughed. "I didn't know that."

Louis shrugged. "What can I tell ya? He wants you all to himself."

Harry blushed. 

"I'm guessing you're probably leaving soon," Louis continued. "Have you heard from Niall lately? He hasn't been answering my texts as frequently. Probably the annoying leech took his phone or something."

"What?" Harry questioned. "What do you mean?"

"His girlfriend obviously," Louis rolled his eyes at the mention of it. "He takes her with him. If it were up to me, I'd put her with the luggage."

"Oh," Harry backed down, looking at the ground. He didn't know Niall took his girlfriend with him. Why hasn't he mentioned it before? Did Niall want him to think he was going alone?

"Oh no," Louis said softly. "I'm guessing you didn't know."

"I didn't," Harry spoke sadly. "But I mean. . . would it be better if I didn't know?"

"Did he. . . lie?"

Harry shook his head. "He didn't lie. He just didn't tell me. Why would he keep it away from me?"

"Because he cares, obviously," Louis grabbed Harry's arm, reassuring him. "Listen, I've known Niall for some time now and I can tell you that throughout his entire relationship with his girlfriend he has never felt anything that he has felt with you."

"He has never looked at his girlfriend the way he looks at you," Louis added. 

"Then why is he with her?" Harry asked even though he heard his plane being called.

"It isn't my place to tell you but I think you need at least some sort of answer," Louis sees the way Harry looks around, probably wanting to hurry this up because his plane is about to take off.

He is going to make it quick and hopefully Harry doesn't think about it too much to break things off. He knows it wasn't the best idea telling him but he would want someone to tell him if the one he loved was taken and the question remained answered. Besides, Harry would find out sooner or later. 

"The issue is more complicated but really he is just with her because it pleases his family."

~

So I was going to put some filler chapters before this one but then I was like nah because then it would drag and I hate it when stories drag because it makes me lose interest quickly haha. 

How do you feel about Louis telling Harry part of the reason why Niall is with Melissa?

And how do you feel about Maura wanting Niall to marry Melissa?

How would you feel if I told you this story has no happy ending? 

I'm kidding about that last one hehe. 

-Skyxo