Chapter 3: Peace out brother...

"I still love you, Marco" The beautiful woman declared.

"No! No, Gina. It's over between us." With a look of pain, Marco turned away.

"I can't accept that! Don't you remember how happy we were? How hot the nights were?" Gina intoned.

"You were the one that left. You turned you're back on me... On us." Marco brokenly answered.

"I made a mistake. It's all in the past now." Gina said softly.

Marco slowly turned towards Gina.

"Damn you, Marco. Stay strong! She doesn't deserve you!" I roared at the TV.

Sigh. What am I doing getting bent out of shape with Marco and Gina's escapade in The Mad and the Beautiful.

It has been 2 week since the "INCIDENT" happened, and I'm still having trouble coming to grips with it.

I can still remember Nadine's words. How she looked while she publicly dumped me. How she turned away from me without looking back.

Countless scenarios flashed before me through the days that followed.

Me,  saying something something cheesy and making her stay:

"Don't go! I love you! We'll make beautiful babies together! I'll do anything, just don't go!" I would plead.

"Oh, Eric. I was just waiting for those words. Hold me baby! Let's never be apart again!" She would say as she ran to my arms.

Or maybe something a bit edgy:

"Eric, I'm breaking up with you."

"You??? You're breaking up with me??? NO! I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU!"

What about something classic:

"Eric, I'm breaking up with you."

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

With a dramatic flair I would then turn around and walk away.

Sigh... Sadly those will forever stay locked inside my head.

Thinking back this past week, I was just going through the motions.

Everyday, I wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, go home and zone out in front of the TV.

And that's where I am right now. Watching soaps.

"Don't you dare give in Marco! Be a man!" On the edge of my seat, my eyes intently waiting for the next scene.

"Gina..." the screen goes black.

"What the hell!!!" I turned around and saw my sister holding the remote.

"I was watching that!" Glaring at her.

"Eric. I can't take this anymore. I hate seeing you like this. Mom and dad are getting worried too." She started. "All you do is go to school and watch TV! You don't go out anymore, you don't touch your computer, and I heard you're even spacing out in school."

I was silent. I understood what she was saying.

Hell, I hate seeing me like this too.

"Look Jacquie, I know what you're saying. And I agree with you, just give me some time." I tried to placate her.

She stood there staring at me. She sighed.

"Look bro, I know how you feel, but..."

"No you don't!" I cut her off immediately. I stood up. For the first time in days, I felt something aside from numbness.