if I fall for you

Start from the beginning

"So what's up?" Lucas sat on her bed.

Maya sat down next to him, "I decided to make some incentives," 

"Oh, what are they?" Lucas asked. 

"Okay, so one is I will make out with you, like for a while,  you agree not sleep with me for a night. Two, if you like choose not to sleep with me without asking for a make out, I'll go on a special date with you. Three, if you do me some kind of big favor, you could go to my Winter Formal dress fitting." Maya explained. 

"I was gonna go anyway, but cool." Lucas nodded.

"Are you gonna cash in any of yours?" Maya questioned him.

Lucas shook his head, "Not tonight. I'm kinda excited." 

"We aren't having sex ever. If that's what you wanted when you came here, then feel free to leave." Maya stood up and pointed to the door.

Lucas sighed, "You know that's not what I was talking about, I like spending any time I can get with you."

Maya was confused. How could he like her? 

Maya tugged his shirt, "Why! Why are you attracted to someone like me?" 

"I'm not exactly loving your new bitchy personality, babe." Lucas replied. 

She let go, "You are so exasperating." 

"Woah, what happened? You started using big words?" Lucas teased.

Maya squinted her eyes, "Ugh your annoying side is back." 

"You want lover boy back?" Lucas asked. "That sounds fun!" 

Lucas put his hand to Maya's right cheek. He caressed it with his thumb.

"What are you doing?" Maya questioned. 

Lucas smiled, "Being romantic. You wanted this." 

Lucas leaned in and kissed Maya's left cheek. He let his lips linger there. 

"This is seriously your idea of romance?" Maya said in disgust and wiped Lucas's lips off. 

Lucas shrugged, "We could go on a date."

"If you want to go on a date, then ask me in a romantic way." Maya answered. 

Lucas grinned. He pulled a rose out of his bag. He stood on one knee. "Would you, Maya Penelope Hart, do the honor of letting me take you on a date?" 

"Fine," Maya moaned. 

"Where's my kiss?" Lucas asked. 

Maya shook her head, "You've had enough of my lips for one day." 

"I want at least one kind of kiss during our date." Lucas responded.

"We will see." Maya grabbed her coat. 

Lucas grabbed his coat as well and his bag, "Where are we going?"

"Food." Maya said.

Lucas smiled, "Shake Shack." 

"Cool." Maya nodded. 

The two of them locked the apartment door and decided to go to Shake Shack. 

Five times on the way there, Lucas tried to get Maya to hold his hand. Maya kept on either putting it in her pocket, or pinching him. 

"Feisty, much?" Lucas chuckled as they went in. 

The line was long, as usual. The two decided to eat it on a bench outside as finding a table would take forever

Once they were at the front, they ordered. 

"I'm paying." Lucas nodded to Maya. "We will have two Shake Shack burgers and one order of fries. That's it." 

"I could have paid, Sundance." Maya sighed.

Lucas giggled, "Sundance." 

"That's your name, deal with it." Maya answered. 

Lucas shook his head. 

Once they got their food, they found their bench and sat down.

Maya immediately opened her burger, hungry. She took a massive bite. 

"SO FUCKING GOOD." Maya mumbled as she chewed. 

Lucas grinned, "I'm glad you are enjoying it, please eat with your mouth closed."

"Nope." Maya replied and gave Lucas a close up of her mouth, which was full of food. 

"Any other time, I would kiss you." Lucas nodded at her. "But now, I am revolted."

"Aw, who would want to be disgusted by you?" Maya asked sarcastically. 

Lucas pointed a finger, "Cool it with that sarcasm." 

"I don't have to listen to you," Maya crossed her arms. 

"Whatever..." Lucas continued to eat. 

Lucas was a very, what was the word... He cared a lot about behavior. Behavior of other people that was. Lucas had done some impolite things himself. Barging into people's bedrooms is one of them. 

Maya didn't care too much about behavior. However, when it came to other people, then yes. She cared a bit more. She wasn't a hypocrite, she was sticking to her word indeed. She could behave however she wanted, while others should stay in their lane. Especially Lucas. 

Maya got up and threw her finished container out. "I'm going home." 

"Want me to walk you?" Lucas asked.

Maya shook her head, "No thanks," and walked alone. 

When Maya got back home, she blasted her playlist again. She was tempted to skip the song that played when she heard it, but then she thought otherwise.

I really wanna love somebody

Maya didn't really want to love anybody. 

I really wanna dance the night away

I know we're only half way there

But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way.

Maya stood up. She remembered she forgot to kiss Lucas. Whoops. It wasn't like she actually cared anyways.