Chapter 3: The Moment of Truth...

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, ADD, AND COMMENT!!

I sat in the bathtub letting the bubbles cover me completely as I slowly allowed my body to slip under the hot water, head and all. I held my breath counting deeply, it had been 3 weeks, 3 WEEKS since Eric rejected me. And no matter how much I tried not to think about it, it was all I could think about and I still felt like crap. All I seemed to do lately was lash out at people and lock myself in my room. And just to make everything worse everything's been making me barf, Cassidy says it's my self-conscious making me sick.

It's not like me and Eric had even been dating for a long time, I was just someone he felt he could use that night and toss away in the morning. Which he did and it hurt as I realized that I was exactly like a tampon for him. My head shot from under the water as the word tampon raced through my head again, when had I last gotten a period? I tried to count on my fingers but I couldn't remember and the bubbles distracted me. I pulled my body from the tub and wrapped a towel around me as I walked into my bedroom to check my calendar, I was 2 weeks late. I quickly pulled on my pajamas and grabbed my cellphone, maybe Cassidy could pick me up a pregnancy test. Just to be on the safe side, but I couldn't call her. My finger just danced dormant over the phone before I put it down on the nightstand.

This can't be happening right now, this has to be some kind of messed up dream. I bit my bottom lip roughly as I paced back in forth throughout my bedroom, I can't be pregnant. I can't just embarrass my family like that, I just can't do that to them after all they had done to steer me in the right path. I picked my phone up and began to skim through my contacts.

Blake, Cassidy, Daddy, Eric, Jason...

Wait, Eric? Before I could even register how his number had just been sitting in my phone this whole time I had clicked call. With every ring my heart began to pound out of my chest and I couldn't breathe the longer his phone rang. I was prepared to hang up when suddenly I noticed, it wasn't ringing anymore.

"Hello?" The person on the other end of the call seemed annoyed, as if they had said 'Hello' more than once. 

"Is this Eric?" I asked my hand shaking as it began to sweat and my heart almost completely stopped. I felt cold and paralyzed as I brought my knees up to my chest wrapping my empty hand around them.

"Well duh, it's my number your calling so who'd you expect to answer dumbass? Who is this?" He chuckled into the line, his laugh causing my heart to get butterflies. I don't think i've ever heard a noise so perfect and yet so passive aggressive at the same times. I took a deep breath trying to calm my heart rate since it seemed to increase with the sound of his voice.

"It's... It's Adalaid, I um, I saw your number in my phone." I whispered and I could tell he had left the room he was originally in from the sudden change in his background noise. 

"What do you want? If your calling about the whole-" I cut him off not wanting him to say the words again, but relived he hadn't hung up the phone on me like I had expected.

"No, that's not what I'm calling you about. I... I'm not calling about that." I sighed not knowing how to tell Eric my period was late and I needed him to get me a test. I mean how do you tell a teenage boy that he might just be a father, especially after he rejects you and makes it clear he want nothing to do with you anymore?

"Well then spit it out, what do you want?" He asked sounding more confused now than annoyed. I took a deep breath in annoyance before opening my mouth to speak, choosing my next 2 words as carefully as I could think.

"I'm late." I spoke quietly hoping he wouldn't make me explain myself.

"O-Kay? What's that gotta do with me? You need a ride or something?" He asked and a small smile found it''s way to my lips wondering how he could be so oblivious.