O n e ; p a r t n e r s.

{ R I L E Y. }
I was scared of dentists and the dark. . .
My eyes fluttered open immediately, then soon cringing from the light of the sun. I checked the time on my phone. 7:15. "It's so early." I grumbled. "Today will be a perfect day." I told myself in the mirror, my mood soon changing. "I know it will." Making my way to the bathroom, I stripped off my clothes and hopped into the shower. Like a bunny! I thought to myself, a grin setting on my features as I cranked the hot water on.

After finishing I dried myself off, getting dressed. "Can't forget the stickers!" My fingers pealed off exactly two gold star stickers. Now, they don't call me star shine for nothing. The stickers were soon stuck
under my eyes, approximately in the corners. "Riley," my mom called. "You're gonna be late!" I'm currently in the ninth grade at John Quincy Addams. I love my school, I love my friends, I love everything. Except Farkle Minkus. Our parents have forced us to hang out together ever since we were little. He just loves to annoy me, and he's a total bad boy.

"Hey, Riles." My bestfriend, Maya sang as she crawled through the window with Lucas and Zay. "Hi guys!" I beamed. "Isn't today A perfect day?"
"Too early." Zay mumbled, laying down on the bay window. "It's only. . . 8:00! We have to leave!" The three of us ran out the window, -- zay being dragged --, as we soon approached the subway. School starts at 9:00, the subway takes about five minutes,

[A/N: I don't even know, just go with it.]

{ At school. }
"Hey, starshine." A voice said from behind, tapping me on the shoulder. "Yes?" I turned around swiftly, my eyebrows knitting together in question. He only smirked wildly. I huffed, turning around to face my locker. "Star shine. Starr shinee." Farkle repeatedly poked my cheek from behind. "WHAT?!" I shouted, fuming from anger. "Hi." He chuckled in amusement at my annoyance. My eyes rolled back heavenwise. I trudged up to my friends who were sitting on the banister.

"Farkle again?" Lucas assumed with a chuckle. I nodded in reply, my chocolate locks bobbing. "You can't let him get to you, honey." Maya smirked. "Even if you like him.." Gasp. "I don't like him!" I couldn't believe they thought I had feelings for Farkle Minkus. "Whatever." She smirked again as the bell rang, signaling first hour. "Let's just go to class." I suggested, leading my friends there.

We sat in our assigned seating as usual:
Maya next to me, Lucas behind her and Zay behind him. Unfortunately I sat in front of Farkle. Yipee. I was normally perky and happy but Farkle can really get on my nerves. "Alright class." My father said, turning to the chalkboard. "Read pages 15-25. That's all for today, the rest is yours." My dad usually assigns way more, but no one wanted to argue. Just as I began reading, I felt a finger prod me several times.

"Starshine." Farkle repeated. I ignored him. "WHAT?" I finally screeched, causing him to flinch a bit. "I didn't say anything." His lips curled into the smirk I hated seeing. "Is there a problem?" My dad asked. "No." We chimed, as I rolled my eyes. I finished my reading just as the bell rang -- despite Farkle's attempts. "Cmon, cotton candy face." Zay grinned, referring to what my nickname in Texas was. "Art class." Maya sighed dreamily. We all laughed. Maya dragged us to art.

"So today class, we're doing a partner assignment!" Mrs. Kossal cheered. "Riley!" Maya said, the same time I said, "Maya!"

"I've already picked your partners." The teacher interjected. "Riley and Lucas." Not bad. "Maya and Zay, Farkle and Sarah, Darby and Yogi, Haley and Dave." I didn't listen to the rest. Lucas came over to me. "Hey riles, for our project I thought we could-" He was cut off by a loud screech. "FARKLE!" We all turned to see poor Sarah, covered in purple paint. "Whoops.." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. He can be so immature. "Sarah, go to the.. Nurse? And Farkle, you're trading partners with Lucas." Wait.

I'm Lucas' partner.

"WHAT?!" I screamed. "That was the plan." Farkle whispered in my ear, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I jumped. "I'm coming over to your house, tonight." He popped his gum. "Excuse me?" He rolled his eyes. "You're excused."
Oh joy.