Chapter 05

"I know I said that whether you join our guild or not is entirely up to you, but it really is a downer, especially now."

We met up with Crux the moment we arrived in town. Cecil called Crux through in-game call system, and told him to meet us. It didn't take too long for him to find us. We've been talking for a bit and the matter about joining his guild sprung up again, so I told him what I told Cecil.

"Sorry about that. Oh and here."

I gave him the money Cecil left back at the tavern.

"8.000 Zeal. I owe your guild that much. Take it."

He took the pouch and looked inside it. I put the exact amount there, so I don't think he needed to count it again.

"This is a lot for you isn't it?!"

He pushed the money back to me, but I shook my head.

"Well I did say 40% of the loot that I got, and apparently Treant barks are expensive."

He furrowed his brows.

"Wait, could you run that by me again? Did you say Treant?"

I nodded.

"Yeah. What about it?"

Crux sighed and shook his head a few times.

"Usually it takes 10 new players to take one down, and you did it by yourself?"

I shook my head in disagreement.

"Don't count Cecil out. She helped quite a lot."

He scratched his head furiously.

"But still! Ugh, I can't believe you and your antics sometimes."

He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his thumb.

"That's fine right?"

He snorted and slapped my back with a big grin on his face.

"Yeah. It's fine. You haven't changed at all. Even after... how long? 3 years?"

I shrugged.

"Don't know, don't remember."

He circled his arm around my head and ruffled my hair.

"Get a load of this guy... but at least you're still the same person."

I released myself from him, and he extended his hand to me.

"It's nice to see you again... Al."

I took his hand and shook it.

"You too, Joseph."

I released my hand and turned away.

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you sometimes."

He raised one arm and grinned.

"Right! Be sure to contact me or Cecil if you need a hand! I'll try helping you when you're going to build your guild."

I was about to leave the tavern before I remembered that I don't know anything about making a guild. I turned back to the still waving Crux. He raised one of his eyebrows when he saw me do a complete 180 out of nowhere.

"What's up?"

"How do I create a guild?"

There was quite a long pause before he answered me, his expression was a mix of surprise and disbelief.

"You want to create a guild...but you don't know a thing about it?

I nodded. Crux sighed, and put a palm on his face.