Chapter 03

After an hour of waiting, I walked to the gate. Honestly though, I think I won't get anyone to join me. I just started out yesterday, and I don't think there's any rookie in that tavern. I can't really say that I'm surprised when I saw no one waiting for me at the gate.

"Oh well, I guess I'll just-"

"Wait for meeee!"

I turn back to see someone running full speed towards me. She stopped only a few inches away from me after trying her best not to face plant into the ground.

"Mr...Jaxon...right?"

The girl is all out of breath, and her words broke off as she tried her best to catch her breath. She's also supporting herself by putting her hands on her knee.

"Yeah? Can I help you?"

The girl took a good few minutes to calm herself down, although it is weird because no one can get tired in this game.

"Am I late? Can I still join you?"

I looked at the clock and see that she is on time. I wasn't really serious about the time limit, but I guess I won't say it.

"Almost, but you can still join me."

I acted as if it really mattered, and the girl looked happy.

"Really? Yay!"

She lightly jumped a few times as she clapped.

"Oh yeah! My name is Cecil. Nice to meet you Mr.Jaxon."

She gave me a smile as she tilted her head to the side.

"Okay. But spare me the mister. I'm not that old.... yet."

She nodded, still smiling.

"Oh, sorry. Jaxon then. Please add me to you party!"

I open up my menu and sent a party invitation to her. After confirming that she's in my party I turned towards the exit.

"Now that we're all set, should we go?"

"Y-yes!"

After walking for four hours, I pulled out the map. There's a pointer telling me where I am right now, and it seems that I still have quite the distance to walk. As I initially thought, walking from Vulturebrook to Mountford took quite some time. I spotted the village Crux told me about, and it seems that we're not too far away from there. It should take us an hour or so to get there.

"We should stop at the nearby village first. Let's see... if I'm not mistaken, it was a village owned by a Merchant Guild, right?"

The girl's face lit up as I opened up a conversation. I guess I have been pretty quiet ever since we started walking.

"Yes! I've been there a few times to pick up some ingredients to make potions."

I stopped walking and turned my head towards her.

"You can make potions? Impressive."

She blushed. I wait for her until she's walking beside me before I start walking again.

"It's not really impressive. Even a beginner can make some."

"Really? Then please teach me if you have time."

She looked at my eyes, dumbfounded, but a few moments later, she smiled widely and nodded energetically.

"Y-yes! We should add each other as friends then!"

I looked to the side for a bit before nodding.

"Sure."

I opened up the menu and added her to my empty friend list. I should've added Crux as friend. That should make things a lot easier for me when I want to discuss something with him. A bit late for that I guess.