Chapter Eight

"North! North! I told you I'm not going with you guys!" Jack called after him as North commanded the yetis. Out of the open gate a handful of yetis pull out the sleigh.

Six reindeer appeared first, each wild looking, they bucked against their harnesses, whining in protest; they clearly wern't happy about being stuck on the ground. Leather harnesses connected them to a wooden beam which was attatched to the sleigh. The sleigh. Its red with gold trim, but its not the old wooden sleigh from the myths, not at all. In the sleigh were controls and switches I still don't understand. Two wings unfolded from the side of the sleigh. There were benches in the sleigh for whoever North flies around with.

"There is no way I am climbing into some rickety old......" Jack trailed off when he saw the upgraded sleigh. I turnned to him my eyes wide with excitment. I was riding in that sleigh with or without him. "One ride. Thats it."

I got into the sleigh on the back row "This is gonna be fun."

"Everyone loves the sleigh" North boasted climbing in where the controls were. Bunny hung back a bit, looking at the sleigh wearily. "Bunny, what you waiting for?"

Sandy and Jack climbed on as Bunny prodded the sleigh with his foot "I think my tunnels might be faster, mate. And, um, safer."

North rolled his eyes and picked Bunny up by the scruff on his neck and sat him down behind him "Get in. Buckle up!"

Bunny searched the seat franticaly "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where are the bloody seat belts?!"

I chuckled to myself. The big Easter Bunny scared of a little sleigh ride. Jack slided in next to me and put his arm around me,  pulling me to him. I was confused as to why he did this, but brushed it off and let him. It was probably nothing, right? Jack looked at me with a sly smirk and leant down

"Wanna have a litte fun? Follow my lead." Jack whispered into my ear. I nodded and he got up and moved to the second row.

North laughed at Bunny "Ha! That was just expresion!" North turnned to a grey yeti working on the controls "Are we ready?" The yeti shook its head and rambled in its little language. North then took the reigns in his hands "Lets go!"

North snapped the reigns and urged the reindeer forward. The animals shot down the icy trail, like a speeding arrow, pulling the sleigh with them. Bunny shrunk back in his seat, digging his claws into the side of the sleigh, leaving four even groves on each side. I laughed, partialy because of the ride and partialy because of the absolute terror that was on Bunny's face.

Jack and I were standing moving with the sleigh. Jack had his arm around me, my guess it was to make sure I didnt fall. Did he forget I could fly?  I looked down at Sandy, who had a big grin on his face and his arms in the air.

Giant ice loops appeared in front of us and North looked over his shoulder at the four of us "I hope you like the loopy loops!" Bunny, who was a fine shade of green yelled back "I hope you like carrots!"

North pulled a switch inside the console and the two metal wings from before snapped back out. North snapped the reigns a few more times building up speed. Then the caves ended, just a strait drop. The reindeer kept us in the air and the wings gave us more speed.

The ride started to even out  and became smoother. Jack stood up and spread his arms out. I guess this is his lead. "Hey Bunny check out this veiw" with that Jack let himself fall. He tumbled back over the edge of the sleigh, winking at me as he fell.

Bunny shot up from the floor, he was practicaly hysterical trying to tell us that Jack fell off the edge. He peered over the edge, and Jack was laying on one of the skis looking cocky and relaxed. I burst out laughing at Bunny's reactions. "Aw, you do care"

All the care and worrry vanished from Bunny's face the moment I started laughing "oh, back off you bloody show ponies."

Jack hopped up next to me as North called back to us, oblivious to Bunny's anger "Hold on everyone!" North had a globe in his hand and was spinning it. A picture formed inside, I asume it was the Tooth Palace, pink towers with gold trim and mini fairies buzzing around. North threw the globe in front of him, a swirling portal appeared, like the one Jack and I were thrown through earlier.

With a final snap of the reigns the reindeer pulled us through.