4| The Night Raid

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

It was a dark night when a griffin flew above the Telmarine castle, carrying Edmund. They landed on top of a tower, out of sight of a Telmarine soldier, who stood guard. He looked up, and saw nothing. Then, the griffin grabbed him and pulled him up as Edmund jumped down and used his flashlight to signal the others.

Alarice, Peter, Susan, and Caspian, carried by griffins, flew through the sky towards the castle. Caspian flies low and killed a soldier on the way. Another soldier noticed Edmund's signals and aimed his crossbow at him. Seeing this, Alarice quickly nocked an arrow to her bow and shot the Telmarine.

•••

Alarice, Peter and Susan climbed down a wall as Caspian knocked on a window.

"Professor?"

Caspian opened the window and stepped into Cornelius' study. Alarice, Peter and Susan followed behind him.

Caspian found a pair of glasses on the table. "I have to find him." he said and looked at Peter.

"You don't have time. You have to get to the gatehouse." Peter told him.

"You wouldn't even be here without him. And neither would I." Caspian argued.

Peter turned to Susan, who gestured her head towards Alarice. He and Caspian looked at the Majestic Queen.

Alarice let out a heavy sigh as she looked at Peter. "We can take care of Miraz." she said, making Caspian smile.

"And I can still make it to the gatehouse in time." Caspian said and looked at Alarice before running off.

"Caspian, wait!"

Caspian quickly turned back and looked at Alarice. "Yes?"

Alarice smiled. "Be careful, and make sure you make it to the gatehouse!"

Caspian smiled at her as he nodded and ran off. Alarice watched his retreating figure before turning around to find Susan smiling playfully at her.

"What?"

•••

Caspian entered his uncle Miraz' private room after finding Doctor Cornelius in the dungeons. He placed the tip of his sword on Miraz' throat as he slept beside his wife, Prunaprismia.

Miraz's opened his eyes and looked up as he chuckled. "Thank goodness you're safe."

"Get up." Caspian demanded.