2| Trumpkin, 1300 Years and Believing Lucy

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

━━━━ •✼• ━━━━

Two Telmarine soldiers were rowing down the river. The first Telmarine was looking at a dwarf, Trumpkin, who was bound and gagged.

"He won't stop staring." The first Telmarine told the other Telmarine.

"So don't look." The other Telmarine retorted but the dwarf continued to stare at the Telmarine.

"Here's fine."

The two Telmarines lifted Trumpkin, ready to throw him in the water when suddenly an arrow hits the side of the boat. Alarice and the Pevensies ran up, and drew their weapons. Alarice quickly nocked another arrow as Susan followed her.

"Drop him!" Alarice demanded.

The Telmarine soldiers dropped the dwarf into the water. One of Telmarine soldiers picked up a crossbow, but he didn't have the time to aim when Alarice shot him, dead. Susan tried to shoot the other Telmarine but he jumped into the water, missing her arrow.

"Peter, the dwarf!" Alarice said loudly.

Trumpkin sunk to the bottom of the river as Peter dived in and pulled him to shore, while Edmund pulled the boat in. Lucy cuts the rope bounding Trumpkin's wrists with her dagger and he pulled his gagged off.

"Drop him?! That's the best you can come up with?" Trumpkin scoffed as he glared at Alarice.

Alarice quirk an eyebrow as Susan glared at the dwarf. "A simple thank you would suffice."

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help." Trumpkin grumbly told the five children.

Peter took a threatening step towards the dwarf but Alarice stopped him by pulling him back.

Alarice smirked. "Maybe we should have let them."

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asked the dwarf.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do." Trumpkin answered.

"Telmarines?" Edmund asked as he and Alarice glanced at eachother in confusion.

"Telmarines in Narnia?" Alarice stared back at Trumpkin. "How did that happen?"

Trumpkin glanced at the beautiful girl. "Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" he asked.

Alarice and The Pevensies glanced at each other, rather awkwardly.

"It's a bit of a long story." Alarice said as she handed Peter's sword back to him.