Chapter 5: Drunk

Joshua POV

(His point of view of what happened in the previous chapter.)

My mom and pops were always arguing. He was a drunk and when I was little he would always come home and hit her. I was so small back then, I couldn't even do anything but I'm older now.

I been wanted to kill this nigga for every time he layed a finger on my moms. The only reason he still living is because my moms be begging me not to do it.

Every night he go out and get drunk. And every night he come home and abuse my mom. We've fought on several occasions. It was even one time I got so mad I tried to stab the fuck nigga but my momma pulled me back crying, begging me not to do it.

When I woke up for school this morning he was drunk as always. I woke up to the sound of him screaming "Why the fuck you can't never clean the house?" He yelled at my mom despite the fact that our house was spotless.

"Please Dave, I just cleaned the house." She cried knowing what was coming next.

"So you calling me a fucking liar?" He spat at her.

He raised his hand to slap her but I came and grabbed his hand. Ain't no way in hell I was about to let him touch my mom.

"Man what the fuck you doing?" I yelled out of pure hatred.

I hated this man with everything in me and as soon as I get the chance I'm going to blow his brains out.

"Let me go unless you want to be next." He said. You could smell the liquor on his breathe from a mile away.

I let go of his hand and ran in my room. I'm sick of this shit. It all stops today.

I reached under my bed to grab the nine millimeter I had ever since I was 13.

Back then, he wasn't as bad as he is now. Back then, he would only get drunk about once a week but now its everyday and I can't take this shit no more.

I heard a loud thud and then a scream. I ran back into my mothers room.

As soon as she saw me with the gun she yelled "No. Please! Just put the gun down."

Sometimes I hated my mom for letting me not hurt him, for letting him hurt her, hurt ME. All these years she stood by and watched as he beat both of us and every time I dared to stand up to him she disagreed.

He slowly turned around. "So you goin kill me? You really goin kill me?"

I couldn't even speak. My eyes were stinging and I was holding back tears.

"You ain't got the balls son. If you goin kill me, kill me then. You ain't nothing but a Lil bitch." He yelled.

I cocked the gun back. "Please don't." My mother cried.

I can't take this shit no more. I walked up to him and just as he was about to spit out another word I slapped him across the face with the gun as hard as I could knocking him out cold.

I ain't goin kill him in front of my moms. Not yet, I want his ass to suffer. I dragged his unconscious body to the basement and locked him in there.

I couldn't bear to look at my mom. How the fuck could she stand there and say not to kill him. Look what he did to her, to me, to US!

I got in my car and drove to the only place that kept me sane: Rover Woods. I had been coming here every seen I was a little boy.

I pulled up. I didn't want to be alone so I texted Danielle:

Meet me at our spot

I was still mad as hell when she pulled up but seeing her made all my anger go away. Something about her was so special.

Soon as she stepped to sit down her heel broke and she went flying into the water.

At first I thought the shit was funny but then I realized she couldn't swim. I jumped in and pulled her out.

Damn shawty definitely got me feeling some kind of way. I got on the new 11's and I just got my shits wet for her.

When I pulled her out I immediately gave her mouth to mouth. But this whole time I was thinking damn shawty lips soft as fuck. I don't want these lips touching no other person but me. EVER!

She got me doing all kinds of soft shit like pinky promising and shit. When dafuck did I start pinky promising?

Damn this girl really changing me already. I like being by her. I like everything about her. I even like the way she purposely try to make me mad.

But I don't know if shawty feeling me too and I damn sure ain't bout to make a fool out of myself.

I offered to drive her home because I wanted to make sure she was safe.

Man what the fuck am I saying? I'm a player. I play all these hoes and I jump from girl to girl never having no feelings for none of them.

I need to fall back off all this soft shit and get back to the player I was before I spoke to her. I would NEVER EVER catch feelings for no girl. Nahh that ain't me.

*-

Song: I needed you by Chris Brown