Eight

D A N

-

Phil woke me up by blasting Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. That was my meme song. I sat up in bed and groaned, looking at Phil. He giggled.

"When I was, a young boy." Phil started singing.

"My father, took me into the city, to see a marching band." I joined in, getting out of bed.

"He said 'Son when, you grow up'," He took my hand.

"Will you be, the saviour of the broken, the beaten and the damned." He spun me around and I giggled.

We laughed and he turned off the music. "Thanks for waking me up, you nerd."

"It's no problem, Daniel."

We laughed for a while. "Oi Dan, I have a very, very, important question to ask you," 

"Yeah Phil?"

"Do you like Buffy?" He grinned.

I chuckled, "Well, how should I know. I've never watched it."

Phil looked at me with disbelief in his eyes, "You have got to be kidding me. It's like, the best show in the universe! Man, we are watching it right now!"

So we watched all of the seasons in one day. Every. Single. Season.

I mean, I'm not going to say it wasn't good. It was quite good, and I did enjoy it. But every season in a day. It's not an ideal Sunday. We also had pizza for breakfast. 

In no time, it was time for me to go home.

"Make sure to text me so I know nothing happened to you, okay?" Phil asked.

"Yeah, I've got it mum." I laughed.

"Okay, see you tomorrow Dan." He smiled.

"Bye Phil." 

I waved at him, smiling. I took my phone out of my pocket and plugged my earphones into it, turning on Muse.

I got to my house in no time, opening the front door to see my dad with the same girl as last time. Was this a thing now? I wasn't really sure, but I couldn't be bothered to care.

I heard my dad call my name, and I groaned. I took of my earphones and walked to my dad, glaring at him.

"Dan," He began, his voice bitter, "This is Amanda, my girlfriend. I want you to treat her with respect."

I spat bitterly, "Uh, no thanks. I don't want a new mum anytime soon."

He growled, and I ran up to my room. I new he was going to yell at me later, but it was worth it.

I didn't want a new mum, nor did I need one. Even if my dad married her, I wouldn't see her as my mum. I'd see her as a stranger. 

I still missed mum, and sure, sometimes I wish there was someone to keep dad intact, but I wasn't ready for a new mum.

I kept my promise and texted Phil when I was safe in my room.

To: Lion

Hey, I'm home. I didn't get murdered :P

My phone started buzzing, which was Phil calling me. I still remember the first time we called. It was nice.

I answered my phone, grinning, "Hey."

"Hey Danster. So, anything happened in the few minutes that I haven't seen you?"

I chuckled, "Actually yes, my dad just introduced me into his girlfriend."