Chapter Twenty Three

I am afraid this may be the end, my lovely readers!!

Chapter Twenty Three: The Real World

Point of View: Third Person

The Fates decided that it would be best if the council of the gods stayed in power due to the fact that Oath refused to become ruler and that if he felt, at any time, that the gods were not doing what they were supposed to, he could take over to rule in their place. Knowing this, Oath realizes it keeps the gods in check, not wanting to lose their power.

Oath and Glory have a child every two decades so they can watch one at a time and so the other ones can watch their siblings better, only letting them grow at a human growth rate so they do not lose their childhood.

Peter finally got his father to officially forgive Poseidon and let everyone other than him and End know as well

Situation

"Come on, dad. Grandfather is this way." A seven year old Peter pulls his grumbling father towards Poseidon in the throne room.

Poseidon raises an eyebrow at what Peter called him and then smiles as he sees Oath's annoyed expression, knowing what Peter means. He comes down from his throne and waits for Peter to drag Oath to him.

"Just get it over with dad." Peter shoves his father.

Oath sighs and walks right up to Poseidon, the same height as the sea god.

"Oath?" Poseidon questions.

"Just shut up, you old bastard." Oath says and crushes Poseidon in a hug. "I suppose you can call me Perseus if you want, but don't take this the wrong way. I'm still angry with what you did, but I'm trying my best to forgive a nearly unforgivable sin."

Poseidon smiles and wraps his arms around his son. "Thank you."

"I don't want to talk about it either." Oath says.

"I understand and I will do my best to make it up to you." Poseidon tells him happily. When Oath pulls away from him, Poseidon looks to Oath for permission and Oath rolls his eyes, but nods. Poseidon grins and then crouches down to Peter's height, making the younger male laugh. "Hello, there, grandson."

"Hiya, Mr. Poseidon." Peter waves and Poseidon chuckles, the rest of the council staring.

"Did you bring your father here on your own?" Poseidon asks.

Peter nods with an ear splitting grin. "Yup! But daddy didn't know how to tell you. It was fun, I beat him in a bet. I bet him that if I won Monopoly, he would apologize right after. But he lets me win all the time, I don't know why he agreed to the bet."

Poseidon bellows with laughter while Oath just sighs. "You tiny little thing," Oath says and picks Peter up off the ground, making the boy squeal as he laughs. "You'll be the death of me, you know that?"

"Dad! Put me down!" Peter whines.

"Nope. It's your mother's turn to play Monopoly with you. Make a bet with her." Oath says as he waves without looking back, walking for the throne room doors. The gods smile at father and son.

"Like what?" Peter questions curiously.

"Well, you could..." Oath begins.

End Situation

The world is a far better place, with Oath's love to guide and protect it.

The End