Chapter Twenty

Hello, hello, hello, my lovely readers!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine seeing you here. Well, might as well read on, shall we?

Chapter Twenty: When Darkness Clouds Judgement

Point of View: Oath

Where am I?

Wind blows through my hair, my feet touch something soft, the water is gray and calming.

The beach.

I am on a beach.

I turn and the person I see startles me.

He smiles. "Hello."

"Who...?" I stop and study this man before me.

"No, I am not you, despite what you might think." He says.

"But you look just like me, except..." I begin, but I do not finish.

"I am dull and dreary and saddening, I know." He smiles wistfully. "But you do know me?"

"I do?" I ask, befuddled.

"Quite well, actually. I am your sorrow, the blackness that resided right here." His hand rests on my heart. "Wallowing over the tragedy that befell you. I am what remains of your pain and hopelessness. I am that lost feeling you no longer carry. You truly were rid of me when you forgave everyone who wronged you. But I am also the darkness that was within End. I am now your darkness. You accepted me. Why?" He explains.

"To save them." I reply.

"Are you not tired of saving them? Why must it be you every time?" He questions.

"It has always been me, just as it will never change from that path. I learned a very, very long time ago to not question destiny. It is pointless and avoiding it gets people killed." I tell him.

"Yes," He nods. "That is very true."

"I believe you are less dangerous now. How come?" I admit.

"End is different than you. End is prone to be corrupted, he cannot help it. You take corruption. You have already begun purifying me. What more can I do, other than fade away?" He smiles and holds up his hand, I can see right through it.

"But it is so sad." I whisper.

"What is?" He looks surprised. "Is this not what you wanted?"

"Well, yes, but...the cycle of life, what is the point. It is why I never wanted endless life. It just repeats over and over, why live if you cannot die? You're so upset and you are a part of me. It's like dying on the inside." I murmur.

He chuckles and it makes me look at him from the ground. "You chose immortality for a reason. You choose to keep fighting me for another. You have all your answers in your hands. Look at them, look at them all. They can tell you, without voicing the words. And without even telling you, your heart knows it is in the right place. It is why you will always win. I am no match for someone so full of love, I lost before I even came to be. Good never loses and love never dies. All you need is a small spark, it becomes a burning flame."

His arms are gone now. "I have my answer?" I echo.

"You will see someday very soon." He smiles for me.

My eyes widen. "You're a remnant of my past, aren't you?"

He nods a little. "Taken over by End's corruption, but saved by the love you still had for those who betrayed your undying love and it will shine forever." He holds up his hand. "Don't forget, it is not light that beats the darkness." He fades away, gone forever.

"It's love." I whisper and smile. I look back at the sea. "I really do forgive you, all of you. I still love you, even though I do hate what you did to me."

Off to the next chapter, eh, my lovely readers! By the way, I won that race!!!