Chapter Eight

Sorry that you all waited so long for this story to be updated, but here we are! Let's get this started, my lovely readers!

Chapter Eight: Waking Up

Point of View: Oath

~Four Months Later~

I feel so heavy.

Why am I stuck in one place?

I feel...different. 

Who am I?

I am Oath.

"Oath? Darling, are you awake?" A voice calls to me. 

Glory. My wife. 

My heart picks up in pace. What is going on with me? 

"Glory." I breathe and my eyes flutter open. 

The dark. My home. 

I find my wife sitting next to me, smiling down at me. 

But, something is off about her. She seems warmer to me. Far warmer. 

I sit up slowly and look over at her. "What happened?" I ask, letting one arm prop me up and holding my head in my other hand. 

"You don't remember?" Glory frowns at me, that worried look being cast upon me.

"I...I sealed shut an opening into the Void." I say tiredly. "Was I sleeping like my father wanted me to?" 

Glory nods and she touches my face, my hand comes up to hold her hand to it. "I have something to tell you. Lady Nyx and I agreed that it would be best until you woke up."

I search her eyes and then I focus on the warm feeling radiating off of her. I look down and see why she not only feels different, she looks different. 

She is pregnant.

Tears cascade down my face. "When?"

Glory smiles warmly and my heart beats weirdly. "Do you love me?"

"With all my heart." I choke out.

"Do you love this unborn child?" She brings my hand to her belly and I realize I don't feel at all like I used to. 

My heart.

"Yes." I tell her and she kisses me.

It's healed.