Chapter Fifteen

Alright, in study hall, still freaking, but you know, life goes on. Let's do this!

Chapter Fifteen: Look Who Shows Up

Point of View: Oath

She slams her hand down on the table between us, completely raving. "We have two days before they come down upon us and you're just sitting here?!" 

I rise slowly and speak loud enough, but calmer than she. "Oracle, have you any idea what you are talking about?" 

"They are not even getting ready fast enough!" Rachel steams.  

"I am well aware of that." I state and she slaps me.

"You don't care about this place do you? Then why don't you just leave if you aren't willing to protect it?" She says darkly.

I sigh. "Will you relax?" 

"No! They are going to die because you didn't do anything but sit here!" Rachel yells.

"That is because I already have things set up. The few who are doing something about it, are keeping guard. I care about this place because I care about all places and things and beings and creatures. I would certainly appreciate it if my strategies were not criticized by someone who has no idea what she is talking about." She blinks. "Now, get out of my face. I may not be able to hurt you, but I can curse you or make you lost to where you will never find your way back." I say sternly. 

"But...I don't understand...I saw..." Rachel murmurs.

"Despite how talented you are, there are things even you cannot see, Oracle. I am one of them." I tell her and Chiron comes over.

"What do you mean?" Rachel looks confused.

"Perseus Jackson is truly dead, is he not?" I smirk and turn to the side.

Her eyes widen. "Then who was I seeing? Who did not understand what they were doing?" 

I shrug. "You're the Oracle, all wise and righteous, figure it out."

"We only have two days?" Jason asks after getting over the shock.

"Yes." I nod. "My earlier efforts will expire at that time and we will be under attack. the gods have not been here much because they are readying Olympus with the other immortals." 

"Why didn't Jason,Piper, and I go?!" Annabeth screeches.

"I did not trust you to follow my plans to detail. You would have killed us all." I answer easily.

"How dare you insult me!" Annabeth screams. 

"Oh, I know. Such a crime." I chuckle, sarcasm is a lovely thing. "Shall I apologize to the child?"

Annabeth turns bright red, trying to turn into a tomato.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Anthea questions.

"I wanted you to enjoy your lives a little bit longer, but I guess the Oracle had other plans." I sigh heavily. "Do what you need to prepare, now that you know. Just make sure you get some rest." I leave the pavilion and flash to Olympus.

"What is it, Oath?" Hemera smiles as she comes over. 

"Nothing, sister, just escaping the air around that camp. The Oracle has appeared, now the children are all in a panic. I do not wish to deal with all of their ridiculous questions that have obvious answers." I reply.

She laughs softly and embraces me, I fold my arms on her back and hold her closer. "They are not as wise as you are. They cannot see the answer as easily as you. I am sure they will work it all out." 

"I know." I breathe.

"Glory has been asking for you when you have the time." She whispers.

I smile warmly as I pull away from my sister. "Thank you." I kiss her cheek and flash away to the Mansion of Night.

Just a short chappie as I sit here in study hall. Next is lunch. Still got ten minutes til then though. Off to the next race, my lovely readers!