1. Meeting Adrian

It was a chilly October night. I was walking home alone from Gracie's. We ended up watching a movie at her place and in the midst of it, we fell asleep. It was probably around 3 am. I hope my parents don't get upset, I thought to myself. Oh wait, they won’t... they never cared. Ever since I born, they didn't love me just because I was another man’s child. I am 17 year old Serena Vincent St. Claire. I am the only daughter to Micheal St. Claire and Kelsey Anne Vincent. My parents had a 'fling' or at least that was what I was told. My father supposedly left my mother while she was pregnant with me. She met Charlie Harrington, my "stepfather" even though he never adopted me or married my mother. I have one younger half sister named Lia Marie St. Claire and half brother named Jake St. Claire. My mom decided to keep my Dad’s last name because Charlie didn’t want to give them his last name.  By the time I got home, I realized my window was shut and locked. Damn! They must have locked me out. Luckily Jake knew that if I wasn't home by 3, to go check to make sure that I wasn’t wait outside in the cold like I am no. I heard an unlocking sound and whoosh, my window was opened. I climbed up the tree and grabbed onto the branch. I hoisted myself up the limb and grabbed onto the window sill. I pulled myself up into the window and jumped into it. I landed faced toward the tree on my feet.

"Thanks Jake! You’re a life saver!" I turned to thank him. Instead of it being Jake, it was Charlie. Great, I was busted.

"GIRL! DO YOU REALIZE IT IS THREE IS THE MORNING AND TOMORROW I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW???!!!! I NEED TO GET A GOOD REST BUT I COULDN'T BECAUSE YOUR DAMN RADIO KEPT GOING OFF AND WHEN I CAME IN HERE TO SCOLD YOU, YOU WEREN'T HERE! NOW WHERE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?" Charlie fumed at me

"My bad, I didn't know my radio was going to be on because it doesn't go on unless someone FUCKS WITH IT! WHY WERE YOU IN MY ROOM!!!!!!???? I screamed at Charlie. My radio has a button you have to press for a couple of minutes before it turns on.  Why was he in my room? Stupid loser was going through my room.

"I would never be in your room because it reminds me too much of you. I deal with you every day; I don't want to be reminded of accident I had to take in to my home." He said normally. I hear this every day.

"Well its 3:15 am. Go to sleep and leave me the fuck alone.”  I said pushing him out of the room and as I slammed the door, I locked it. As I went to close my window shut, I saw a young man there. He was hiding in the gaining shadow light beneath the sadistic trees. He was watching me... why? I strained to see him but his shadow retreated and only left my memory as proof he was there. I wondered if I imagined it as I snuggled in my blankets. It was hard to fall asleep as a consequence to my running imagination. What if I didn't imagine it? That night I couldn't sleep and when I did, I dreamt of being in the woods. I was sitting on a log and right in front of a stranger. He came closer and I saw his face. His shaggy midnight hair came down to his forehead; from the side, it came down to his chin and curled outward. He was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a normal black t-shirt. His eyes are what really caught my attention. They were as green as a piece of a piece of grass.  He was really hot. My breath caught in my throat. There really wasn't anything else that I could say that would describe him.  I had a strange urge to jump up and kiss him. I wanted to run my tongue along his lips. I wanted to hear him say my name.

"Did you know it's not polite to stare?" The gorgeous green eyed stranger asked.

"Uh-" Was all I was able to stutter out and I could feel a deep blush take over my cheeks.

"You shouldn't roam the street at night, it's dangerous." He said concerned

"Ooh, like I’m supposed to be scared of the creatures that go bump in the night." I laughed

"You don't know what could happen; you have too much to lose." He argued

"I have nothing to lose." I said spacing the words out.