Chapter 2: The Morning After.

Comenzar desde el principio

"I'm home!" I called through the door as I closed it behind me, it was 6:45 am and in my family we didn't have breakfast until 7:30. Just enough to shower and get ready.

"Hey sweetheart, did you have fun?" My dad asked coming out of his study. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms tightly around his waist burying my face in his sweater enjoying his scent.

"How much do you love me daddy?" I asked my voice muffled only barely audible from my face being smothered in his chest.

"I'll love you no matter what Addy, you're my pup aren't you? Are you okay?" He asked pulling me back. I kissed his cheek and smiled at him giving him another hug before I began upstairs. I ran to my room closing the door behind me and heading straight into the bathroom only allowing myself only to cry a little in the shower when I noticed the deep purple rings around my wrist. I wrapped towel around my body tightly as I headed into my room slipping on a red sundress my mom had brought for me and pining my hair up with a red bow. I pulled on a few string bracelets Cass had made me to hide my bruises, for some reason I didn't wanna see Eric get in trouble.

"Addy, are you okay?" My mom grinned coming into my room as I stared down at my empty hands.

"I'm fine, thanks for checking." I smiled distracted.

"Having a conversation with your wolf, I can wait outside..." She offered but I shook my head and patted the space on my bed next to me. There was something about my mothers presence that always comforted me, don't get me wrong I'm a obvious daddy's girl but my mom still meant just as much as my father did to me.

"Me and my wolf are fine mom." I smiled chuckling and looking at her as she smiled at me, she knew how weird I felt talking with my wolf.

"Is there something wrong honey, you have a weird aura on you today. Did something happen at the party?" She smiled pulling my hair down and fixing it correctly before placing the bow on as she waited for me to answer.

"The party was fine.." I lied looking at the butterfly pattern of my comforter.

"Well that's good, your father was so nervous you might find your mate and run off on us." She chuckled tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I had to remind him your not the type of girl I was back then!"

"Speaking of mates..." I drifted standing up and going to my window looking out into the forest.

"Did you? Did you find your mate? Oh honey what was he like, was he everything you wanted?" My mom asked rushing over to me and pushing me back down onto the bed to sit next to her.

"I rather not speak of it right now, I'm... I'm still reflecting. Who's coming for breakfast this morning? Jason and Uncle Blake right?" I smiled, we had Jason and his dad over almost everyday for breakfast.

"Yes, and a guest your father invited. He decided he wanted to make a mends with a local Pack." My mom grinned, this would mean our packs could call on one another when help was needed. My mother lead me downstairs but as she continued I stopped right outside the dining room.

I could smell... Eric?

"Our mate, he came back for us?" My wolf questioned. I walked into the dining room and immediately my eyes met on his and he began to choke on his water.

"Eric sweetie are you okay?" His mom asked and he nodded his head as he cleared his throat.

"Hi Jason, hi uncle Blake." I smiled hugging the two as I passed them on my way to sit next to my father which just so happened to be next to Eric, but before I could sit my father stood and placed a heavy hand on my shoulder and I smiled up at him.