Chapter 22: Can a monster really be a angel in hiding?

Start from the beginning

"Is it about your friend on the news ?" He said looking straight at me, the man as well. I swallowed, slowly nodding my head. Chip looked over at the man who narrowed his eyes at me.

"

I'll talk to Forest, and see his side before I pull up the security cameras." He said and Chip just nodded.

I mentally face palmed myself. Of course, this man had cameras hidden, how could I be so stupid?

"Sounds good." Chip said standing back up straight. The man and him started talking.

"Has your dad caught on?"

Chip just snorted. "You joking?" He has men all looking in the wrong direction."

The man just chuckled and shock his head, looking at me before looking back at Chip. "Just keep a close eye on him, he could be playing us." He said and Chip nodded at me.

"Don't worry Alan, everything is going to be fine." Chip said shifting his standing a little.

The man just laughed and patted Chip on the shoulder before he stepped out the cage, Chip stopping him really quick. "Do you have any of those pills?" He asked, and the man nodded. "I'll get them, I've had to hid them from the servants who I'll get you some." The man said and he started walking up that stairs, I returned my attention back towards Chip to see him kneeling down in front of me.

Without even asking, he lifted me up bridal style, and I tried to get out of it but he gave me a look. "I-I can w-alk." I said meeting his eyes, they seemed so soft.

"You nerves?" He asked smile, making butterflies take place, what was going on?

"No..." I said looking away. He just laughed, his chest vibrating. What happened to the Chip that hunted me down?

He took me up the stairs and I really wanted to get out of his grip, but seeing he was in a good mood, I stayed in his arms, playing with my shirt. He took my upstairs where he used his shoe to open the door, then his back to push it open. I realized we were back in his room, and I bit my lip. He set me down on the bed, making his way back towards the door. He then stopped, his hand rested on the door frame as he looked back at me.

"Stay, please." He said giving me a look, and I just looked back at him before he left, leaving the door wide open.

Was I in another dream? With all these please and sweet talk, I wondered if Chip was up to something.

It was only a few minutes later that Chip came walking back in, a cup filled with water. He stopped in front of me and handed me the drink, making me look at it, then back at him. "Why do I need this?" I asked and he only smiled, opening my hand as he dropped something into it. I opened my hand to see two red pills sitting in my hand and I felt my heart take speed.

"I'm not-" He cut me off.

"Just take them, it well help you sleep. I heard about the whole nightmare, those well help, really." He said looking me. I looked down at the pills.

Do I really trust him?

"I-I-"

"Just take them, I promise, they'll help you." He said tilting his head.

I swallowed and slowly, I put the pills into the mouth, drinking the water. After they were washed down, Chip took the now empty cup and set in by the nightstand. I started to feel light headed. He then reached across and very slowly, he pushed my body down so I was now lying on the bed, my head feeling light. He smiled before he walked over the closet, taking of his shoes, then he reached down and pulled of his shirt, exposing his back to me. I blinked.

"C-chip." I said softly and he paused, looking over at me.

"Can I ask y-you a question?" I was starting to loss it.

He smiled. "Maybe, I won't answer some questions but shoot." He said unclipping something from his belt and setting it on the dresser as he looked at me.

"H-ow old are y-you?"

Chip paused for a moment, one hand in his pocket. "19." He said as he set some money onto the dresser.

"Oh." I was starting to shut down slowly.

"Is your name really Ayden?" I said, running my hand across the cover.

"I thought you said only one question?"

"A few more please?" I asked, giving him sad eyes.

He just smiled. "Fine. Yes, my name is Ayden."

"Weird-d." I said slowly blinking.

"What's your favorite color?" Really Skyler?

"Dark blue." He said as he disappeared somewhere.

"Like water." I mumbled as I felt the bed sink a little to someone sitting on it. Arms then softly wrapped around my waist and lifted up my limp body, setting me against his bare chest.

"My turn." He said looking me. I just closed my eyes, fighting against the darkness.

"Um, what to ask?" He said keeping his arm wrapped around me.

"Oh, what is your favorite color?" He said.

"Gre-" I didn't finish the sentence. Whatever he gave me, was starting to take control.

"Green, okay. One more thing, that girl on TV, was she a friend?" He asked softly.

Oh, please no.

I could feel a tear start to slip, and soon, I sobbed out a yes, Chip's thumb soon running across my cheeks, getting rid of my tears that had fallen."

Sh, it's okay. It's okay." He said brushing my hair to the side.

"Wh-y d-id it happ-en to h-er?" I sobbed harder, man, those pills were making me lose it.

"Skyler, everything's going to be okay. She's not gone, she's with you. Always."

My sobbing turned into a soft cry as I slowly started to fall sleep. Chip was being so gentle, and I couldn't figure out way. I wanted to keep on fighting against the darkness waiting for me, but I couldn't any longer. Soon, everything started to shut down, and just before I slipped into a sleepless dream, I heard Chip whisper.

"Sweet dreams."