Chapter 19: Blackmailer

Start from the beginning

Finally getting the clothes on, I let my hair dry and just left it in the waves that it had. Looking at the mirror, and I could tell you right now, who I saw in the mirror didn't look like me. My eyes were still a little red, bags under my eyes from sleeping problems and nightmares, and my hair had a lot of split ends. Smiling at myself in the mirror, I finally walked out, heading towards the door that lead out to the hall. My hand rested on the doorknob, as I looked down at it. I didn't know if I should open it or not, I was still not fully me, and one slip, would end me to making another puddle of tears. Taking in a easy breath, I opened the door slowly.

I stepped out, looking both ways, it seemed empty. There were other doors, but I didn't hear anything so I decided to slowly walked towards the stairs. Hugging my body once again with my arms. I went down the stairs, hearing what sounded like a TV playing. As it came more clear, I saw that soccer was playing on the TV, Mason sitting on it, his legs stretched out as they rested on the coffee table. He looked over at me, his eyes looking at me up and down before he returned to watching soccer. I shuttered as I quickly made my way into what I hopped was the kitchen. And I was greeted by hands wrapping around me.

"Thank goodness your okay." The voice said, and I slightly turned my head to see it was Aby, her hair let loss too. I smiled at her.

"You too." I said turning around as she let me go.

"Where are the others?" I asked, looking around to see if Heath or anyone else was here, Aby was the only one.

She looked down. "I don't know on that part, Mason won't tell me." She said just above a whisper for me to here. I nodded.

This place was very nice, it was like twice as nice as Mr. Hill's Machine. I swallowed when I remembered about Mr. Hill, I never thought that I would want him to come busting down the door and finding us. I looked at Aby as she played with her fingers, she seemed off from how she normally acted.

"Aby, is everything okay?" I asked.

She looked at me. "You don't know where we are.." she said and I nodded my head in a yes.

She looked past her shoulder like Mason was standing behind her. "We're at a man's house who has been blackmailing Master Hill for some time now, and he was suppose to show up at the party but he never did, and now, we're here in his house." She said biting her lower lip.

"Is he some bad guy or something?" I asked blinking a few times.

"No, but he's aggressive at moments, he only owns a few servants but those servants are only able to last so long." She said lowering her head.

"Is Faith his?" I can't believe that I just asked that.

"No, Faith belongs to Forest." She said returning to meet my eye contact. She was about to say something to me when Mason came walking in. Aby and I turned to look at him as he opened up the fridge, pulling out a carton of milk. He hadn't even notice that both Aby and I were looking at him. He pulled out a glass and set it on the counter, unscrewing the lid, he started to pour himself some milk, his eyes looking up at us.

"Can't I pour my milk in peace?" He asked setting the carton of milk down, putting the lid back on.

"Where are the others at?" Aby said specking up, and Mason just rubbed his face.

"Listen, I'm not allowed to tell you okay? So stopping asking." He said before he started to drink down the milk. Aby just looked at me.

Mason soon finished his milk and left the kitchen, returning to watching soccer. I had no idea what to do, by how Aby had talked about this man had been blackmailing Mr. Hill, he seemed kinda scary. I was soon snapped out of my train of thought when I heard voices coming from the living room. I peeked around the corner to see a man, his arms crossed, his white shirt hugging his body as he looked down at Forest, the man who I had managed to stab with a fork.

"So you're telling me that Ayden and Sean went to go snatch one slave that they forgot at Ryan's place. Funny." He said shaking his head. I swallowed. Colton. I hadn't realized that the man was looking at me now.

"And who is that?" He said loud so I could hear and I lowered my gaze as soon as Forest turned to see who he was talking to, and I heard him curse.

"Come here." The man said unfolding his arms to show that his shirt was unbuttoned a little.

I slowly stepped out, I had no idea what this man, or Forest would do if I didn't listen so I just played it safe and walked towards him. He looked at me up and down before looking at Forest who was glaring at me deeply.

"Who does she belong too?" He asked, reaching across and lifting up my chin with is hand, I just closed my eyes.

"Open your eyes." He demanded and I did.

"Mr. Hill, she was one of his new ones." Forest said looking at the man. The man chuckled.

"She's a cutie, I'll give you that."

I just swallowed and looked from the corner of my eye to see Mason smiling. I returned to look back that the man, I felt so tiny compared to him, it was like standing by a basketball player.

"What's your name?" He asked making me jump a little.

"S-Skyler." I said.

"Age?"

"17.."

"Um," He said rubbing his chin and looking at me.

"I want to see how well you cook. Start making dinner, alright sweetie?" He said raising a eyebrow and I swallowed.

"Yes." I managed to squeak out.

I quickly dashed into the kitchen and placed a hand over my heart as I tried to calm myself down. After I get myself back together, I started to try to cook, it was kinda hard not knowing where everything was so I did my best. I was planning on making shepherd pie, one of my favorite meals. Time seemed to go a little faster as I made it, having to roll my sleeves up so they wouldn't get food on them. Just when I was about to slide the pan into the oven, I froze when someone said my name.

"Skyler?" The voice said I turned around.

My heart felt like it stopped in place when I saw who it was. My body shock a little as the person looked at me in disbelieve. Tears started to cloud my eyes, they weren't tears of sadness, but tears of joy. I had a hard time finding my voice but when I did, I spoke just above a whisper as the first line of tears fell.

"Luke."