Part 3

We were walking toward the gym because apparently that was what we had to do from now on because we only had a week left.

"Do you think that you were born a tomboy or did your dad just train you that way because he secretly wanted a boy?" Nick asks. I stop in the middle of the hall. Hale looks like he could kill Nick.

"Woah. Ok that came out wrong." Nick says. Hale steps forward but I step I between them.

"Don't." I warn. His eyes soften just a little but he still has a glair that could put you 6 feet under. I turn toward Nick.

"No I was born this way. The way that if you don't shut your mouth you won't have one. Or a head for that matter." I say as calm as I can. I turn and start to fast walk to the gym. See I can go off just like Hale. But I have learned that if I punch a bag hard enough I can keep my anger at bay. Well most of the time.

"Kat! Kat! Wait!" Simon says. I snap around and I can see that they are all jogging to keep up. The stop and almost fall when they notice that I've stopped.

"What!?" I snap.

"Calm down." He says. Hale tenses next to me. My ears probably have smoke conning out of them.

"Dude that was the worst thing you could say." Jake says. I take a very deep breath and continue to the gym. When I get there I change very quickly and then I go to the punching bag. I punch it as hard as I can. I hear a loud pop an u wrist has a throbbing pain. But I ignore it. My anger is like a cup of Mountain Dew. I have to stop fueling it before the fizz goes over the top. I punch it 5 more times before I stop and look at my wrist. It probably just popped because it doesn't hurt anymore. I sit on the bench press and look around the gym. Ok it never takes them this long to change. I walk up to the men's locker room and walk in. Hale and Simon are fully dressed. Jake and Nick don't have a shirt on but they do have shorts on.

"Why are you taking so long? I need a partner for the bench press." I say. Hale smiles and follows me out.

"Simon come on!" I shout over my shoulder. I lay on the bench press and Hale puts 30 pounds on each side.

"Is this suppose to be an easy day?" I ask. He just grunts. I lift about five before the silence is killing me.

"Hale say something that will take my mind off of things." I say pushing up again. That makes 6. 24 to go.

"Ok are you ready for the con?" He ask. I let out a sigh.

"I meant something that won't lead to my father." I say quickly. What Nick said earlier really made me think. Did my dad jut want a son so he made me a killer tom boy? Literally. See my family is complex. My dad is the third best spy yes but he is also the second best Assassin. Me being the best. When my mom died I mad it my goal to have all of the labels that she had. The only two I don't have is best wife and best mom. Everything else I have. My mom was a perfectionist. So am I. I guess you could call me her twin. Literally. We look exactly alike and we act the same. Just those two labels. The funny thing is that my mom didn't have to try to get those. She was designed to have those. Any who. Before I start to cry, to the present time.

"Ok. Um how about what is your favorite thing in the whole world?" Hale asks. I roll my eyes.

"Hale you are my boyfriend and best friend. You should know this." I say.

"I know but it will get your mind off of things for a while." He says. I shrug. I push up again.

"My job." I say. Almost on instinct.

"No not what you always say. Because if we are completely honest that is what our job has made us say. Look deep what is the most important thing to you?" He asks. I pause mid push. I just hold it there thinking.