Chapter 4

~Tristan~

'Why do I feel guilty?' he continued to ask himself.

For god's sake Tristan! What you should be asking yourself about is why you did that dare, which was the cause of your burden. Tristan paced back and forth inside his room, and then stood on the corner of the wall, bumping his head against it continuously less force.

"What are you doing?" asked James, his brother "If you are going to bump your head... do it harder! Like this I'll show you" he approached Tristan and grabbed a handful of his hair, ready to bump his head into the wall with much force. But even before he could do so, he yelled

"Shit, no!"

"Just as I thought" he chuckled,

"Maybe I'll apologize!" he suggested to himself, his index finger pointing to the ceiling

"Yeah, do that!" his brother interrupted,

"Shut it, James" he chided, glaring at his brother under his eyelashes.

"Is this about the nerd, you made out with?" he asked, creasing his browse "No shit Sherlock! Don't you know you'll lose your place in the spotlight if you do that? Stupid!" he smacked his brother on the back of his head, which earned him a threatening fist of punch from his brother. "Dude, calm down"

"Will you stop blabbering?! And why are you here on my room, you have yours don't you. Son of a bitch!" he yelled,

"Hey! That bitch... is your mother" they heard their father yell downstairs. James cracked up laughing, but Tristan just ran his fingers through his hair.

"I don't care! Just get out of my room James" his shaky finger pointed on the bright blue door which led out of his room.

"Geez!" James chuckled while walking out of his room.

Tristan sighed and shook his head, trying to clear his mind. Oh yes Tristan! Care more about your position in your school society than a person's feelings. Feeling awkward about his guiltiness, he jumped on his bed and decided to sleep from his problems.

Tristan, oh! Tristan, how can you sleep from a situation like this? Doesn't your conscience bother you? Stealing a poor girl's first kiss and making fun of how she feels because of the way she looks?

Tristan, sleepless, tossed and turned on his bed. He groaned and laid flatt on his stomach; he poked his head upwards and glanced at his clock. The numbers were glowing 2:30 a.m. in the middle of the night. He slumped his head back into his soft and comfy pillow, trying to sleep.

He felt like an insomniac because of what he'd done. He jumped out of his bed and grabbed his car keys from his black leather jacket's pocket then head outside to the garage and drove his way to Gabriella's house, just to apologize personally. Show her his sincerity. Isn't that just sweet?

'Oh! Shut up!' he yelled through his mind. Is he mad because his 'conscience' was speaking to him? Or is that just the way he reacts on what he was about to do.

He pulled carefully in front of Gabrielle's house. Weird! Tapping on the door of a girl in the middle of the night? People might think he is that desperate... and yes he is, desperate to remove the heaviness of his burden and get some goodnight sleep.

After a few knocks, there was still no answer.

'Maybe they're sleeping' he thought. He thinks that maybe he shouldn't have come up here, he's disturbing them sleep for god's sake! He rolled his eyes at that thought then began to drive off. Just as he passed by the streets, he deciphered a familiar girl's back from the car's headlights. It's Davila!

He pulled his car beside her and her head snapped towards his direction.

"My, my, what is an innocent girl walking by the streets in the middle of the night?" he asked, rolling down the tinted windows of his black Lamborghini.

"And what is a 'jerk' driving through the roads in the middle of the night?" she rolled her eyes, crossing both of her arms over her chest.

"I just came from Gabriella's house... to apologize..."he trailed off, his eyes dropping

"Well" she scoffed "Too late, jerk! She already left for Paris. Get it? She left" a smirk formed on her lips

"What?! But why?" he asked,

"That's how you hurt her" she stated,

"Get in, I'll give you a ride home" he suggested,

"I am not getting in that-" he cut her off

"Just get in already!" he whined, rolling back his tinted windows.

"Fine!" Davila cursed under her breath and stomped her way in.

All of what Davila stated wasn't true. She came to visit Gabriella before they left for Paris; her scheduled flight was on the middle of the night. Indeed, Davila feels sad for their departure from San Francisco. But Gabriella, has something destined for her in Paris and promised her friend that she'll be giving a few calls every day to keep her updated on what was going on.

"Davila!" he called, but she ignored him and entered her house "I just want to know Gabriella's number..." he trailed off and his voice became lower as each word escaped his mouth. Sighing, he rubbed his face and decided to go home. He at least did some effort on apologizing to her, right?

He sighed once again, maybe this time... he can get enough sleep.