Chapter 8 - Getting on Charlie's bad side

Chapter 8 - Getting on Charlie’s bad side

“Wow.” I heard a familiar voice say when I left the classroom American History. I turned to see Jack smirking at me.

“What?” I asked.

“First day and you already have most of the both schools drooling over you.” He said. I glanced at him.

“What do you mean?” I asked him. We were walking toward, what I hoped, was the cafeteria since it was about that time, and I was starving.

“Well, one, Melanie Jamison’s practically falling all over herself for you. And it’s the Melanie Jamison.” He said. I turned to him.

“Ok, so I’ll ask the big question here, who’s Melanie Jamison?” I asked him. He sighed long and hard.

“Melanie Jamison. The girl who’s been flirting with you since you came through the door. Her dad’s the school’s biggest sponsor.” Jack told me. He grabbed my hand and looked up and down the halls. When he saw that no one was there he came so close up to me that my back was pressed against the wall.

“If she finds out that you’re a girl, you could be expelled. No worst, she could destroy you with just a snap of her fingers.” He pulled away then, pulling me along. “Plus, she has never been interested in any guys at this school… well except Sebastian this one time, but even he didn’t get very far with that.” I turned to him.

“So you mean if anyone was to find out I was a girl, I’m gone?” I asked him. He nodded. I had only hours before gotten the feeling that I could have gotten out of being blackmailed by Sebastian, and decided that I could have gone to the girl school instead, when my bubble had burst into millions of tiny particles and thrown to the winds.

“Oh come on.” I groaned. Jack laughed but when I turned to look at him he blushed.

“Don’t do that.” He muttered.

“Do what?” I asked.

“Look at me like that. It’s making me… uncomfortable.” He told me. I saw the doors to the cafeteria and smiled at the first sign of food I had seen since entering the school.

“Or are you getting a little crush on me?” I asked, laughing, before I pushed the doors to the cafeteria open. I didn’t bother to turn back to see Jack’s face, deciding instead to head to the food. As I walked passed a group of star struck girls I noticed Charlie glaring a hole into my soul. I turned to Jack.

“What’s his problem?” I asked him. He turned towards Charlie then back at me.

“Oh nothing, you just stole the love of his life.” He said casually, getting into the line. I followed behind him.

“What do you mean by, I stole the love of his life?” I asked him.

“Charlie’s been carrying a torch for Melanie since freshman year.” He responded. I tried to understand how any of that was relevant to me, but I couldn’t see it.

“I don’t get it.” I told him. Jack sighed, then with an exasperated tone he responded,

“Charlie like Mel, Mel likes you and you’re… well, you’re on a different planet.” I glared at him and stuck out my tongue.

“Aww!” I heard a chorus of voices. I looked slowly to my left only to find a group of girls staring at me.

“That was megs adorable.” A girl in a too short skirt said. I turned to Jack.

“Megs?” I asked him. He shrugged. When I collected my fries I followed Jack to where we were supposedly sitting. Charlie looked up at me and held my gaze.

“So you’re the new guy, huh?” A guy next to me said. I nodded but I didn’t look away from the glowering Charlie. With a sigh, I began eating my fries as all the attention that was thrown to me, around the table, diverted elsewhere. I was getting comfortable with the flow of being partially ignored when I heard the clacking of heels against tile. Gene had always loved the sound that stiletto heels made against the floor. She had said it was because I seemed empowering that way, and no one would dare to tell you that you were making too much noise.

I thought it sounded like the beginning of a low budget horror film.

“Faggot.” I glanced up at Charlie unsure of whether I heard right or not, but guessing by the sudden hush that fell around the table I knew I heard right. Charlie wasn’t looking at me but whoever was behind me. I turned around slowly to see five excessively buff looking creatures who lead the school board to believe they were men, glaring down at me. I was in awe for more than one reason, one of them being that I had originally thought that they were girls considering the amount of noise their shoes made. I looked down to make sure that they weren’t actually wearing heels, and shockingly, they weren’t.

“What?” I asked slowly and politely. The freakish one to the front of the pack glared at me.

“Homo.” He growled. I almost pushed backwards with the feral look he was giving me, but I wasn’t someone known for my good choices so instead of appearing afraid, like I was, I smiled. My prize winning smile.

“Sorry there, mate, but I’m not, if that’s what you’re saying. I am flattered that you chose to so openly proclaim your love for me but even if I was gay, you’re not my type. I prefer to have more of an obsequious partner. I am grateful, none the less for the ego booster.” I said. His face grew red with rage and the vein in his forehead began to throb. Maybe I should not have said anything to him after all. There was a chorus of ooh’s from the crowd.

Mr Tall and Creepy grabbed me by the shirt collar, lifting me to meet him at eye level. His hand was drawn back, preparing to punch me in my magnificent face when someone cleared their throat.

“Problem?” I heard them ask. The steroids poster child turned around to look at the person who had interrupted us. Creepy guy dropped me and shook his head.

“No nothing, Mr. Darcy.” He responded, then walked off with the mysterious guy, not before turning to glare at me. I sat back down next to Jack.

“Mr Darcy… any relation to Hugh Darcy?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Yeah, His older brother. Grant.” He responded then turned to me, “I wouldn’t toy with Ian.” I raised my eyebrows.

“Ian? Oh! You mean the creepy steroids guy.” I responded. Jack rolled his eyes at my statement then nodded.

“Yeah, don’t go looking for trouble with him. Might be a bad to get into a fight with someone like him.” Jack said. I shook my head.

“I can handle myself.” I responded causing Charlie to snort. I look at him and he glared back. I didn’t know what he thought I did, but his attitude towards me was slowly starting to irate.

“What?” I asked slowly and cautiously. He shrugged.

“Nothing.” He said with a twisted smirk. I glared a hole into his head before continuing to eat my fries. Conversations slowly started back up on the table and they ignored me once again. I was picking at my fries when I felt someone staring at me. I looked up and met Sebastian’s eyes then his devious smirk that freaked me out more than that Ian person’s body mass.

Next post in two - three working days.

please comment. It meks meh happy ^^