Chapter 6 - Yes, my cat's name is Austin Martin

I flew up from off of Hugh as quickly as I landed on him. Or so I hoped. I looked at Hugh, but he wouldn’t meet my gaze.

“Well, this is awkward.” Charlie said after a rather awkward silence. Then suddenly, Hugh stood.

“I think I’ll be heading home.” Hugh said. Sebastian turned to him.

“I’ll walk with you.” He said. Hugh shook his head.

“Nah, no need, seriously and anyway, Grant’s home.” Hugh responded causing Sebastian to roll his eyes at the statement.

“And why is that a problem?” He asked, persistent as ever. I thought that that was the most I had ever heard him speak. When he wasn’t being a ruthless conniving blackmailer, that is. Hugh shrugged.

“Whatever.” He said before walking out the door. He turned to look at me with this calculating look before walking out the door.

“Jason?” I heard Jack say when Sebastian and Hugh left the room.

“Yeah.” I responded. He looked at Charlie who turned to me.

“Well, I know when I’m not wanted.” He responded. I had the urge to ask him, do you really, but decided against it.

“Jason.” Jack said again when Charlie left.

“Yes.” I replied, yet again.

“Are you a girl?” He said it so softly I nearly didn’t get it. I blinked at him.

“What?” I asked to make sure I heard right.

“Are you a girl?” He said again, this time louder than before.

“Yeah. I am.” I responded. I looked down at my feet, knowing what was coming next. One Chandler brother was already preparing to blackmail me, even though he hadn’t done anything yet, I knew I would not have been ready for another one.

“Oh.” He said simply. I looked up at him, barely noticing the light red on his nose.

“That’s it?” I asked him. He looked at me, still clearly blushing.

“Well, yeah.” He said then added quickly, “I won’t tell anyone if that’s what you’re thinking.” I shook my head.

“Thanks.” I responded. Jack nodded, smiling. I got up to go back to my room.

“Hey, Jason. Where are you going?” Jack asked.

“Umm, back to my room. I’m going to unpack.” I told him. He looked at me, nervously.

“Do you need help?” He asked. He was so adorable with his blushing face and the nervous look that I couldn’t refuse him.

“Fine. Come one.” I responded.

“Who’s this?” Jack asked, looking at the picture in awe. I positioned my body to see what he was looking at. It was a picture of Amanda and I dressed up as steam punk Disney princesses during the Victorian era, which was Amanda’s idea. She even thought that I would have been the best choice as Princess Jasmine, given my complexion.

“Oh, that’s Amanda and I.” I told him. Jack froze looked at me, then back at the photo, then at me again.

“Which one are you?” He asked me, wonderingly.

“The one in green.” I replied hanging the remainder of clothes in the excessively large closet. I took notice in the fact that almost everything in the house was so big that I figured Mr Chandler had some sort of Napoleon complex.