Chapter 1, Monday

Daydream, daydream.

A girl was enjoying her good night sleep on a soft, inflatable mattress once upon a time, but little did she know that morning had finally come and it was time for her to be awake. She groaned, hands lazily reaching for the alarm clock that was ringing ten times louder than usual on her wooden bedside table.

Her fingers smoothly brushed over one of the buttons behind the clock. Feeling irritated by the loud noise disrupting her beauty sleep, she pressed it without hesitating, and gladness filled her up as she was pleased by the sudden silence.

But it didn't last long until it started to ring again for the next 5 minutes.

"THAT STUPID SNOOZE BUTTON I'M GOING TO KI-"

Light.

She saw light from both corners of her eyes, luminating its way to greet a good morning as she tried to pull back up the covers over her head. "Who unsealed the curtains?!"

Oh, and did I mention that the girl was me?

"You better get your butt off the bed before I finish up all our food downstairs, Seoyun. We all know that you'd never want that to happen," A familiar tone spoke up, and it took me awhile before I was able to process on who's voice it belonged to.

Park. Annoying. Jimin.

"First, I'm not dumb. Second, go away. Third, bye."

I faked a snore, hoping that it would shoo my brother away, but I was only repaid after with a huge bump knocking on the side of my head. Sensing as if more of it were thrown my way, I shoved my blanket to the floor with my half-opened eyelids to reveal Jimin, standing on a stool with his arms in the air, aiming to shoot an enormous, giant carrot soft toy exactly towards my way.

I widened my eyes.

"What the heck Jimin!"

The plushie dropped from his hands as he immediately stepped down from the wooden stool, embarrasment was seen through his rosy cheeks. "It's not my fault, I don't want you to be late to school!"

"Totally not funny Jimin. It's obviously Sunday," I stuffed my face on my pillow, ignoring his presence as he tried to pull me out of the bed. "Yeah, right. Says the one who panicked last night to finish her homework last minute,"

I almost tumbled at his statement, immediately sat up and plopped myself down on the floor as I grabbed my phone from the bedside table. Swiping through each apps until I finally found the calendar, I gasped in shock, eyes scanning on the day showcased from the screen.

Last weekend felt so short.

"Hurry up and get ready you spoiled brat," Jimin said, laughing in between his words as he pushed me towards the bathroom. Throwing a towel at me this time, I scowled and slapped his arm jokingly before slamming the door right in his face.

After examining myself from my reflection on the pivoting floor mirror placed at the corner of my bedroom, I fetched my canvas backpack and scurried downstairs towards the dining room.

"Oh, Seoyun? Good morning my dear! Today we're having pancakes, come and join us," My mother approached me with a smile plastered on her face, inviting me to sit and join the others for breakfast.