Chapter Seventeen

Fa Xiàn's POV

I'm filing the report on Danny Brinead and the papers that will make Winters have a permanent position here when I hear a high pitched scream come from his holding cell.
I immediately turn to Agent Winters saying,"Get the guards and the third interrogator." Her papers will have to wait. She nods and quickly scurries off in the direction of the MainRoom where the supervisors are.
I quickly make my way to his cell and press a button on the wall closing in Torture Girl so she can't get in the room where Danny and Straught are. She and Straught have a special, but complicated relationship.
I press another button on the wall and quickly go in as it shuts almost as fast as it opened, what I see shocks me.
In the room there is a ape sized Danny with a green eye and a grey eye. He has a feral look in his eyes as he sees that I'm now in the room with him and Straught.
But where is she? I think to myself and then I see the small puddle of blood on the floor and my eyes are drawn to his giant hands where I see him holding a hopefully just unconscious Straught.
Knowing I need to say something so I start to try persuading him to think reasonably. A Variable in Unstable form is very touchy.
"Calm down Danny-" I start, but am cut off when I hear him release a feral snarl causing me to go quiet.
His voice is rougher than normal as he says,"Don't call me Danny or Anndy. I am Co, I am the perfect combination of them, but I am not them."
Seeing no room for reason I answer saying,"As you wish Co, but if you don't mind I would like to know how Danny came to become you?"
"He and Anndy decided to share control and in doing so I was created, the superior of our three forms." He boasted powerfully.
Where is that backup? I think. Just then I hear the door start to unlock as Co picks up the chair he was forced to sit in earlier and more gentle than I thought possible in this form places the person he hates into the chair. He has way more restraint than I would if they found out about me, I note in my head.
Co is now looking over at the new people in the room and seems to be staring at a certain person in particular. Winters.
"What is she doing here?" Co asks rudely. He doesn't look very happy either.
"Nice way to talk to your friend." Winters says back faking innocence, this is the first time she has said anything to him since he got here.
"You are the friend of Danny and Anndy, not me." There is a dangerous glint in his eyes as he says this.
Nobody noticed he took a step forward until we hear the voice of a woman say,"Stay where you are Danny."
Co turns to see where the voice came from and stops dead in his tracks.
I hear the painful sound of snapping bones and see that Co is turning back into Danny and is becoming his regular size and proportions again.
Once he's back to his normal size he looks back up to where the voice came from.
Standing in the doorway is our newest Supervisor who was recently transferred from Ithonope, Wisconsin.
Danny starts talking and as much as I know he's trying to keep his voice even it cracks as he asks her,"Is that really you?"
The new Supervisor's eyes start tearing up as she simply says,"Yes." I don't see why either of them would be happy to see each other; they're on opposite sides.
They both seem so happy, but their moment is interrupted when Straught asks,"Juliette? How do you know Danny?"
All eyes turn from Straught to our new Supervisor as she says,"I know Danny.."
She pauses before shocking us all by saying,"Because he's my son."

A/N
DUN DUN DUH!
And cue the gasps, who saw Danny's mom being part of the Justification? Who thought that his mother would even be in this?

I'm trying out using the author notes. Please tell me what you think about using them in this book.

If possible could you comment?
Thanks! :)

~SamBastian